Tegshiin jas

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Tegshiin jas,Tegshiin khiid,

Rinchen Number :
741

Rinchen Name :
Tegshiin khiid, Genden puntsaglin

Type of Temple :
Monastic City

Aimag Temple located in :
Dundgovi

Sum Temple located in :
Deren soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Daichin beisiin khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Дундговь аймаг Дэрэн сум. Тэгшийн хийд. Дэрэн сумын төвөөс зүүн урагш 20 кмт Хув нуур хэмээх газар энэ хийдийн туурь байна. Шавар тоосгон голдуу 10-аад дугантай, 200 шахам ламтай Жадамбын хийдээс харьцангуй том хийд байжээ. Энд дарь-эхийн, дүйнхорын, хайлангийн, майдарын, мамбын зэрэг дуганууд байсан харин чойр байгаагүй байна. Ер нь Жадамба, Тэгшийн хийдийн аль алинд нь чойр байгаагүй ажээ. Цогчин дуганы хоёр талд хоёр залгаа дуган хаалга нь баруун зүүн талаасаа ордог байсан бөгөөд ар эгнээгээр нь үлдсэн 5, 6 дуган байдаг байжээ. Цогчин дуганы урд талд утасны шон шиг өндөр модон багана байсан бөгөөд лам нар сүсэгтэн олон шүтдэг байв. Уг баганыг хэзээ хэн босгосон нь тодорхойгүй. Тэрхүү баганыг сүм хийдийг нурааж устгах үеэр хөндөлгүй бүтнээр нь үлдээсэн байжээ. Тэгшийн хийдийн гол сахиус нь Лхам, Бурхан багш байсан ба майдар эргэх, ганжуур хурах , нүгнээ сахих, хайлан хурах зэрэг хурал номын зан үйлүүдийг хийдэг байсан ба харин цам гардаггүй байжээ. Тэгшийн хийд , Жадамбын хийд хоёр нь хоорондоо ойрхон 10 гаруй км зайтай байсан ба зарим томоохон хурлуудын үеэр лам нар нь харилцан хийдүүддээ очиж ном хурдаг байжээ. Тэгшийн хийдийн туурин дээр гурван суварга / 1996-2003 онд/ -ыг сүсэгтнүүд босгосон бөгөөд голын суваргыг цогчин дуганын туурин дээр босгожээ. Ч.Банзрагч, Б.Сайнхүү нарын “Монголын хүрээ хийдийн түүх” /УБ.2004/ эмхэтгэлд “... Тэгш хэмээх дацанг Энх Амгалангийн дөчинесдүгээр / 1710/ онд Цагаанмагнай хэмээх газар байгуулав...” гэж бичсэн нь газар нутгийн нэрийн хувьд зөрчилдөж байна. Өөрөөр хэлбэл Цагаанмагнай нэртэй газар овоо нь энэ хийдийн орчимд байхгүй харин үүнээс 10 гаруй км зайтай байх Жадамбын хийдийн хойд талд байдаг тахилгатай овоо юм. / Дэрэн сумын өндөр настан 86 настай Гунгаа гуайтай хийсэн ярилцлагаас./ /2007.08.11/ Б.Сайнхүү, Ч.Банзрагч. “Монголын хүрээ хийдийн түүх” /УБ.2004/

Description of location :
B.Rinchen: Salait Maidar: Area is called Tegsh Gazar Bumbat brigade, which is 35Km south Deren sum centre, has been established on the site. This is where the remains of the site lie.

GPS readings :
North 46° 10’  East 106°  58’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 200 Side2: 150 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
Bumbat brigade was founded on the old monstic site. Thus many small wooden and some brick or stone buildings remain or partially remain. As the brigade is empty these buildings are now used as warehouses. Furthermore, a new stupa indicates the place of the old monastic complex, along with a prayer wheel. No trace of digging, but materials from the old monastic buildings were used to construct the brigade buildings. In front of the new stupa, the remnants of 5 buildings are still visible (blue and red bricks, brown stones, wooden pillar fragments were found there). In front of them a huge temple (probably the main temple) was situated with two smaller buildings on its south-east and south-west. This temple were made of blue bricks (khökh toosgo) and covered by rooftiles as the remains indicate. In front of the temple a kind of stone fence was visible, its function being unclear. On its two sides heaps are visible in rows. In the southwest there are two huge ruins one maybe a jas with temples, while the other on the very edge had to be a big wooden temple indicated by the remnants of a line of pillars. North of the new stupa there is evidence of some large courtyards (jas?) with buildings. Buildings where monks lived were situated on the west and on the east. Many of these buildings (made of wood, brick or stones) remain or partly remain being used by the brigade. A stupa stood on the northwestern corner. Two-three ovoos are visible on the top of the mountain in the background. Maani stones are placed on them. Foundations or bases of many other buildings are visible on the site.

Site used for other purpose :
A brigade has been established on the site. A herders have a winter spot on the north-east side of the site. A new stupa has been built on the monastery site.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1936-1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 74
Огноо хаагдсан: 1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 75

Site used for other purpose :
A brigade has been established on the site. A herders have a winter spot on the north-east side of the site. A new stupa has been built on the monastery site.

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
over 100 monks
200 monks
200 monks
200 monks
over 100 monks
200 monks

Notes :
For more information see ДУДР 087 AM.pdf

Form Number :
ДУДР 087

Survey Team :
Team C

Гунгаа


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

ДУДР 087

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors