Uutyn jas

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Uutyn jas,

Rinchen Number :
766

Rinchen Name :
Zuun tsoor khural

Type of Temple :
Temporary Assembly

Aimag Temple located in :
Dundgovi

Sum Temple located in :
Gobi-Ugtaal soum

Old Aimag Name :
Setsen Khan

Old Sum Name :
Borjigon setsen Vangiin khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Дундговь аймаг Баянжаргалан с ум, Уулын жас Хуучин Цэцэн хан аймгийн Боржигон жанжин бээлийн хошуу одоогийн Дундговь аймгийн Баянжаргалан сумын нутагт сумын төвөөс баруун тийш 30 км-т Дэлгэр уулын өвөр, Уулын суурин гэдэг газарт энэхүү жасаа хурлын туурь байжээ. Уулын жас нь гурван дугантай, 40-50 ламтай, Уулын овоо хэмээх дэргэдэх овоогоо тахидаг, майдар эргэдэг хурал байсан байна. Энэ хурал нь хайлан хурдаггүй, харин намрын эхэн сард ганжуур эргэдэг зан үйлийг хийдэг байжээ. Уулын жас нь нутгийн олны дунд Уулын хурал, Их догшин отгон уулын жас хэмээн нэрлэгдэж ирсэн байна. Үүсгэн байгуулагч нь тодохойгүй ч уг жасаа хурлыг 18-р зууны дунд үе буюу 1850, 1860-аад оны үед үүссэн гэж үздэг ажээ. Уг жасаа хурал нь Б.Ренчиний 1979 онд эрхлэн хэвлүүлсэн” БНМАУ-ын угсаатны зүйн атлас” –ын сүм хийдийн жагсаалтын бүртгэлд бүртгэгдээгүй байна. / Баянжаргалан сумын төв өндөр настан Маньбадар, өндөр настан Чимэддовдон, 2-р бригадын иргэн өндөр настан Долдон нартай хийсэн ярилцлагаас 2007.07.30/

Description of location :
The site is located in front of Kharaat uul. The site is 30Km south-west of Gobi-Ugtaal sum centre.

GPS readings :
North 45° 56’  East 107°  45’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 100 Side2: 60 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
Stone foundations / basis of smaller buildings, a yurt and monks residences are visible on the site. Thus the temple(s) had to be made of wood. Large fragments of two big, well decorated pots, fragments of other everyday objects, some pieces of wood and a fragment of a small image was found on the site. There were no traces of digging.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 68 A 69 A 70

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
One monk
One monk

Notes :
According to Ya. Ishbaldan, the abbot of the new temple in the center of Tsagaandelger sum (born in 1916 and was a monk in Baruun Choir monastery), this jas called Uutiin jas was situated to the south of the mountain called Ikh Zalaa. He did not know any details about it. However, he said there were many jas temples in the area and usually there was only one Takhilch (offering preparer) monk living there. Monks of Baruun Choir monastery visited each of these jas temples for a few days during the Monlom (TIB: smon-lam, prayer) and during the summer to hold ceremonies. The local governor of the sum states that Uutiin jas was situated near Kharaat uul, south of Zalaa Mountain. Interview A71: R. Ravjaa was born in 1925 and had been a monk in Baruun Ganjuur monastery. He is now a monk in the revived Ganjuur temple in the centre of Govi-Ugtaal sum. He confirmed that there was a jas monastery on Kharaat uul Mountain. According to him, it was called Uut. According to the book written by Ch. Mönknast (Tsagaandelgeriin tsadig oshiwai, Ulaanbaatar 1994, p. 6.), the area Borjigon Tsetsen vangiin khoshuu consisted of 7 otogs. Uut otog worshipped Aragiin Kharaat. Every otog had an own jas with occasional ceremonies. See also ДУБЖ 093

Form Number :
ДУГУ 080

Survey Team :
Team C

Газрын зураг / Map