Zagastain khuree

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Zagastain khuree,

Rinchen Number :

Rinchen Name :
Zagastain khuree, Zuramtain khuree, Dandar choirpuntsaglin

Type of Temple :
Monastic School

Aimag Temple located in :

Sum Temple located in :
Tsakhir bag, Tsakhir soum

Old Aimag Name :
Sain Noyon

Old Sum Name :
Dalai Choinkhor vangiin khoshuu

Description of location :
The ruins of 6-8 dugans (temples) are located in the place called Zagastain am which is on the north bank of Zagastai river and west of Tsakhir sum center. East of the site (2 km.)is sacred Nariinii ovoo.

GPS readings :
North 48° 27’  East 99°  39’

Revived temple on site :

Status of site at time of survey :
The site is not distinguishable from the ruins of other buildings that used to exist from 1926-1966. During 1926-1966, the center of Tsakhir sum was located on the site.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1870-d on

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1960 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Onomyn Lamjav gun - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
approximately 20 monks
approximately 20 monks

Notes :
Because the monastery was located on the north bank of Zagastai river, it was called Zagastain khuree. It is recorded in the list of academician B.Rinchen as Zuramtain khuree. It could be Juramtain khuree not Zuramtain khuree. The monastery consisted of 6-8 temples. During 1926-1966, the center of Tsakhir sum was located on the site. Some temples were used as storage during 1937-1959 and were totally destroyed in 1960-1961.

Form Number :
АРЦА 032

Survey Team :
Team E

Газрын зураг / Map