Aralyn dugan

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Aralyn dugan,

Rinchen Number :
451

Rinchen Name :
Aralyn khural

Type of Temple :
Monastry

Aimag Temple located in :
Töv

Sum Temple located in :
Mongon morit soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Darkhan chin vangiin khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Төв аймаг Мөнгөн морьт сум. Арлын дуган Түшээт хан аймгийн Дархан чин вангийн хошуу одоогийн Мөнгөнморьт сумын төвөөс зүн хойш 30 км Хэрлэн гол, Хөөвөрийн гол хоёрын бэлчир аралд байсан нэг дуган бүхий Арлын хурлыг 1880-аад оны үед Тэнүүний хүрээний Чүлтэм гэлэн гэдэг хүн анх үүсгэн байгуулжээ. Энд зун, намрын улиралд дүйцэн өдрүүдээр Тэнүүний хүрээ, Хэрлэнгийн зүүн хүрээнээс лам нар гарч ирж ном уншдаг цагийн хурал байжээ. Гомбо шүтээнтэй, ихэвчлэн Магтаал, Ерөөл, Сандуйн жүд, Их манал, Дарьэхийн мандалшиваа зэрэг номуудыг голчлон хурдаг байсан уг хурал 1930-аад оны үед хаагдаж үлдсэн нэг дуганыг 1950-иад оныэхэр нураажээ.

Description of location :
This site is located in a high mountain range. It is located 30 km. northeast of the sum centre on an island surrounded by the Kherlen and Khuuvriin rivers. Locals call this area Aral and the temple is called Araliin Dugan. The upper part of the island where the two rivers part around the island is called Bukhiin Tokhoi and the island’s downside area is called Jiree. The island is covered in brushwood.

GPS readings :
North 48° 22’  East 108°  44’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: У 6 Side2: Ө 4 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
It has been said that there was a temple in the middle of the island. There are no traces remaining, however there is a mound of red stones. The site is surrounded by brushwood, aspens and bird-cherry trees. There are 3 old black trees close to other temple, Aral Temple, and also, northwest of the temple base in 100 m. is a winter-quarter.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1880

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1938-1939 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Chultem gavj - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
Бусад үед 1 тахилч лам
10-15 monks
Бусад үед 1 тахилч лам
10-15 monks

Form Number :
ТӨММ 055

Survey Team :
Team F

Газрын зураг / Map

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

ТӨММ 055