Davkharyn khiid

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Davkharyn khiid,

Rinchen Number :
381

Rinchen Name :
Davkharyn khiid

Type of Temple :
Monastic City

Aimag Temple located in :
Töv

Sum Temple located in :
Zaamar soum Toson bag

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Tsatsan bureg uulyn khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Төв аймаг Заамар сум. Давхарын хурал Заамар сумын төвөөс хойш 42 км-т Урт сайр хэмээх хавчиг жалгын хойд дэнж, Давхар уулын бэлд нэг модон дугантай мөн 5-6 гэр дугантай 50-иад лам сууж хурдаг байсан энэ хурлыг сүсэгтэн олон Давхарын хурал Давхарын хийд хэмээн нэрлэж байжээ.Байнгын хуралтай байсан энэ хийд нь Улаан Жамсран шүтээнтэй жижиг хэмжээний бархантай /гэр бархан/ Майдар эргэх, Хайлан хурах Нүгнээ сахих, Ганжуур эргэх, Сор залах зэрэг шашин номын зан үйлийг тогтсон дэг жаягын дагуу хийдэг байжээ.Уг хурлын сүүлчийн тэргүүн лам нь Жамин гавьж гэж хүн байв.Уг хурал нь модон болон гэр дуганы тоо, лам нарын тоо хурал номын цар хүрээ зэргээрээ багавтар хэмжээний хийд байсан бололтой. /Заамар сумын иргэн өндөр настан Алтангэрэл гуайтай хийсэн ярилцлагаас 2007.10.22/

Description of location :
The temple base is located 42 m. north of Zaamar sum, in forest steppe zone, in in a passage that is halfway between Urt Sair and Khailaast Sair on the south slope of the holy Davkhar Mountain. The Davkhar Mountain is a small mountain, 300 meters from the mountain west of Tuul River.

GPS readings :
North 48° 29’  East 104°  33’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: У 10 Side2: Ө 6 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
Detached stones and ashlars from the temple base still remain in the area where tall grass is common. In addition to the temple base, remains from monks’ residences are also visible.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1940 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
40-50 monks.
40-50 monks.

Notes :
To the north of the site is a mountain called Davkhar Mountain. A Khuukhdiin Owoo is about 40 km. precisely south of the site, A ceremony to worship this owoo is held twice a year by the locals. Four hundred meters, slightly southwest from the site, a company called “MONPOLIMET” runs a gold mine.

Form Number :
ТӨЗА 024

Survey Team :
Team F

Алтангэрэл


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

ТӨЗА 024