Khutuliin jas

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Khutuliin jas,Khutuliin khiid,

Rinchen Number :
752

Rinchen Name :
Khutuliin khiid

Type of Temple :
Monastic City

Aimag Temple located in :
Dundgovi

Sum Temple located in :
Olziit soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Дундговь аймаг Өлзийт сум, Хөтөлийн хурал Өлзийт сумын төвөөс зүүн урагш 60 км-т Буянт овоо хийдийн баруун талд энэ хурлын туурь бий. Хөтөлийн хурлыг үүсгэн байгуулсан тухай ” ...Харчин өртөөний занги Баясгалан удирдаж өртөөний ардын цуглуулсан хөрөнгөөр 1767 онд Хөтөл гэдэг газар 10 орчим ламтай хурал байгуулж ерөөл магтаал зэрэг ном хурж байгаад 70 гаруй жил нүүдэллэн Дашлүн усны дэргэд бууж цогчин, гүнриг, чойр 3 сүм дугантай, 8 жас 4 суваргатай, лам нарын 15 гэр, 26 байшин, энгийн ардын 13 байшин бий болжээ. Гүнриг дацанг Баян Сүндэв , лам Лувсандорж нар байгуулжээ. Гүнриг дацанг чойр дацангаас 50 жилийн өмнө байгуулсан. Цаньд буюу чойр дацанг Баруун чойрын Заваа Дамдин аграмба, тус хийдийн лам Гүрдорж нар 1929 онд байгуулсан. Өртөөний занги болон лам Гандан ранжамба Дэшиг гэлэн , Шаравням, Жамба-Осор нар хурлыг голлон дааж явлаа...” хэмээн УАХБ-ын архивын фондонд хадгалагдаж буй баримтанд тэмдэглэгдсэн байна. Хөтөлийн хурал нь 21 баг бүхий цам гардаг, жижиг хэмжээний бархантай, 45 хоногийн хайлан хурдаг, зуны эхэн сард майдар эргэж, намрын адаг сард ганжуур эргэдэг. 1920-иод оны үед 150-аад ламын данстай хийд байжээ. Уг хурал номын газар нь сүм дуган лам нарын тоо , хурал номын цар хүрээний хувьд бага шиг хэмжээний хийдийн зиндаатай боловч байршил, бүтцийн хувьд өртөө хурлуудын нэг байсан бололтой. Холбогдох эх сурвалж: 1. Улсыг Аюулаас Хамгаалах Байгууллагын архив. Ф-1, д-3, хн-57 2. Луус сумын иргэн өндөр настан 81 настай Түвдэн гуайтай хийсэн ярилцлагаас /2007.07.01/

Description of location :
The site is known as “Hutul Usnii Well” by B.Rinchen and “Hutul” by Maidar. It is located 60 km. southeast from the sum centre. On the right hand side of the temple is Buyant Ovoo and southeast, is a wing Bor Ovoo.

GPS readings :
North 44° 40’  East 107°  01’

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
Relic hunters have visited the site where 3 temples once stood in the centre of the complex. The temples were made of red bricks (main assembly hall) and blue bricks (the other two behind and on the west of the main assembly hall). Courtyards and monks residences were situated west and east of the temples. These residences remain well preserved: the windows, entrances and airholes are visible. The whole complex had a brownish red colour. Newspapers from the 1950s, pages of a book representing Stalin, pages of Tibetan sutras and a handwritten Mongolian register, a silken book covering (barintag), pieces of hats and dresses and many fragment of pots, scissors, etc. were found on the site. Everyday wooden objects (saddle, etc.) were found, too. There is a hill behind the monastic site and a river flowed from the west. There is a small ovoo south of the monastery and two other larger ovoos far in the south and west. About 100m south of the monastery a new sum centre was built. It remained until 1955 when the centre burned down and many people died. A monument stands on the site and recalls the incident. Some remains of buildings are visible around the monument and another building is situated on the east. These were the buildings of the sum centre not the old monastery. Presently there is a sanatorium about 500m east of the monastic site. In the beginning of the 20th century there was a Chinese relay station (örtöö) about 2 kms west of the monastery, called Khötöliin örtöö.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
20th century

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Zava Damdin - Ярилцлагын дугаар: nomnoos /havsraltyg uz/

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
about 100 monks
150
about 100 monks
150

Notes :
For more information see ДУӨЗ 063 AM.pdf

Form Number :
ДУӨЗ 063

Survey Team :
Team C

Түвдэн


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

ДУӨЗ 063

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors