Narangiin jas

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Narangiin jas,Narangiin khiid,

Rinchen Number :
728

Rinchen Name :
Narangiin khiid

Type of Temple :
Monastic City

Aimag Temple located in :
Dundgovi

Sum Temple located in :
Saintsagaan soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Дундговь аймаг Сайн цагаан сум Нарангийн хурал Сайн цагаан сумын төвөөс баруун тийш 12 км-т хуучин наран бригадын төвөөс зүүн хойно Хар овоо гэдэг газар уг хурал төвхнөж байжээ.Үүсгэн байгуулагч байгуулагдсан он цаг нь тодорхойгүй байна.Тус хурал нь 20-р зууны эхээр 2 дуган 1 сүм 60 орчим ламтай байжээ.Цогчин, Жүд 2 дуганаас гадна сахиусын сүм гэж жижиг сүм байжээ.1937 оны эхээр хаагдсан гэх уг хурлын тухай мэдээ баримт эх сурвалжуудад байхгүй байна.Гэлүгбагийн урсгалын энэ хурлын дуганы туурь одоо мэдэгдэх юмгүй баларсан байна. /Сайнцагаан сумын Үйзэн багийн даргатай хийсэн ярилцлагаас 2004.07.20/

Description of location :
The site is located 12Km west of the sum centre. It is on the north-west side of the old Naran brigade centre.

GPS readings :
North 45° 50’  East 106°  07’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: У150 Side2: Ө 80 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Site used for other purpose :
There is little remaining of the site, but the temple outlines can just be made out. There were about 4 temples. The temple foundations are marked by raised areas above the ground, and outlined with stones. The temple buildings were made of wood, and some pieces of wood are scattered around the site as well as some bricks. The biggest temple site has a full scattering of brick on it. In one place there were fragments of pots. The monastery site is surrounded on three sides by stones arranged in lines, but perhaps this was created after its destruction to mark the old monastery site. On the north-east there is an ovoo, possibly Khar ovoo the name given by Rinchen

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Site used for other purpose :
There is little remaining of the site, but the temple outlines can just be made out. There were about 4 temples. The temple foundations are marked by raised areas above the ground, and outlined with stones. The temple buildings were made of wood, and some pieces of wood are scattered around the site as well as some bricks. The biggest temple site has a full scattering of brick on it. In one place there were fragments of pots. The monastery site is surrounded on three sides by stones arranged in lines, but perhaps this was created after its destruction to mark the old monastery site. On the north-east there is an ovoo, possibly Khar ovoo the name given by Rinchen

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:
Year : Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Monks in Old Temple :
not clear
not clear

Notes :
According to Maidar (595) the monastery was founded in 1607 by Damba lam. Its temples were made of wood and mud. 91 monks belonged to its community before the purges. The property was valued at 6970 tögrögs. Remark: On the site nothing proves that the temples were made of mud. Bricks and wood were found. (see 8.)

Form Number :
ДУСЦ 045

Survey Team :
Team C

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors