Emtiin khiid

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Emtiin khiid,Emtiin khural,

Rinchen Number :
739

Rinchen Name :
Emtiin khural

Type of Temple :
Not Known

Aimag Temple located in :
Dundgovi

Sum Temple located in :
Delgertsogt soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Daichin beisiin khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Дундговь аймаг Дэлгэрцогт сум. Эмтийн хурал. Дэлгэрцогт сумын төвөөс зүүн урагш 10-11 км орчим Хунгар нуур хэмээх газар энэ хурал төвхнөж байжээ. Энэ хурал нь анх байгуулагдах үедээ том жижиг хоёр шавар дугантай том дуганд нь хурал хурдаг, жижиг дуган нь сахиусын дуганын үүрэгтэй байсан байна. Лхам сахиустай, майдар эргэдэг ихэвчлэн хангал хурдаг байсан энэ хурал нь хожим 19-р зууны дунд үеэс байнгын хурал нь зогсож цагийн хурал болжээ. Улмаар 1930-аад оны эхээр дуганын хурал бүрэн хаагдсан байна. Уг хурлын анх үүсэн байгуулагдсан тухай Үндэсний Төв Архивын баримтанд “ ... Эмт хэмээх дацанг Тэнгэрийн Тэтгэсэний тэргүүн /1736/ онд Их бага Ширээ, Эмтийн усны газар байгуулав... “ гэж тусгажээ. Холбогдох эх сурвалж: 1. Ч.Банзрагч, Б.Сайнхүү. “Монголын хүрээ хийдийн түүх” УБ.2004

Description of location :
The site is located 10-12Km to the south-east of the sum centre. The site of the monastery is about 12 km southwest of the centre of Delgertsogt sum.

GPS readings :
North 46° 02’  East 106°  27’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 100 Side2: 100 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
A new stupa has been erected on the monastic site. Two wooden temples seem to have existed on the south of the site and maybe two smaller ones behind them. A large stupa stood in the centre. Two large courtyards and a temple made of brick stood on the northwest as bricks, roof tiles and traces are visible here along with copper fragments of pots, scissors, etc. as well. The monks residences were situated in the eastern part of the site. An ovoo is situated south of the complex. A mani (maani) stone was found in the ruins of the large stupa, stood once in the middle.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:
Year : Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Monks in Old Temple :
not clear
not clear

Notes :
People in the centre of Delgertsogt sum said that the materials of the old temple buildings of Emtiin khural was used in the building of the sum centre hospital. Unfortunately no data provider was found in the area. The monastery maybe had a connection with medicine as Em means medicine and the monastery name contains this word. However this name could also refer to the name of the area.

Form Number :
ДУДЦ 042

Survey Team :
Team C

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors