Beliin jas

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Beliin jas,

Rinchen Number :
743

Rinchen Name :
Beliin khural

Type of Temple :
Not Known

Aimag Temple located in :
Dundgovi

Sum Temple located in :
Deren soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Daichin beisiin khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Дундговь аймаг Дэрэн сум. Бэлийн хурал. / Бэлийн жас/ Түшээт хан аймгийн Дайчин бэйсийн хошуу буюу одоогийн Дэрэн сумын нутагт байсан жасаа хурлуудын нэг. Уг хурлын туурь сумын төвөөс баруун хойш 25 кмт Саруул багийн төвд оршино. 1910 оны орчимд байгуулагдсан гэх энэ хурал нь 2 дугантай, сар жилийн том хурлуудын үеэр 50-60 лам цугладаг жасаа хурал байжээ. Хойт талдаа байх Саруул овоог тахидаг байсан ба 1990-ээд оны дундуур дуганын туурин дээр сүсэгтэн олон нэг суварга босгосон нь одоо байдаг. Энэ хурал 1937 оны эхээр Тэгшийн хийд, Жадамбын хийдийг хаагдахад цуг хаагджээ.

Description of location :
The site, which is now the Saruul team centre, is located 25Km north-west of the sum centre. Local monks used to worship the Saruul ovoo, that is located west of the site. Ikh Us is also here.

GPS readings :
North 46° 22’  East 106°  42’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 80 Side2: 50 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
A new stupa was erected on the site on the foundations of the old Tsogchin temple, which is visible only in form of an elevated section of the ground along with some stones. There is also a prayer wheel by the stupa, and the Tsogchin site is surrounded by lines of stones to mark it. Saruul brigade or Bag (a small administrational unit within Deren sum) was put up just behind the ruins of the monastery, so there are pathways running through the ruins which made it more difficult to determine the original arrangement of the monastery. In the bag there are several houses and ruined houses of the old brigade and several families live there in yurts. Apart from the foundation or base of the old Tsogchin temple, the foundations of several other smaller buildings are visible, together with the foundations of monks residences in the south-south-east and on the south-west. These sites are indicated by elevations of the ground or / and by being surrounded by stones outlines. On the site of the monks dwellings, bricks were also found. All the evidence indicates that the residences were made of brick and stone, while temples and other buildings of wood (with stone foundations). To the north-east of Tsogchin temple there were some bases of smaller buildings, and the base of a yurt. On the north-west of Tsogchin temple there were even smaller foundations, but there were stones are scattered in the vicinity, which indicates that more buildings stood there but they are not visible now. Pieces of brass / metal pots, other fragments of metal equipments were found on the site. The site is about 25 kilometres from the centre of Deren sum on the north- north-west, at the centre of Saruul brigade / bag that were founded at the north of the site. On the west of the monastery there is the ovoo called Saruul ovoo, which was worshipped by the monks.On the north there is some kind of water called Ikh us. Several old people were said to live next to or near to the site. Jal, an old man is living on the north of the site at the Bag in his yurt, but he could not been interviewed as he was away in hospital. Namsrain Dowdonchuluu lives there, too, and he was interviewed. Other old people in the area are Galsandorj and Damdindorj, but they were living a bit far away and were not visited. Others in the sum centre gave interviews about this monastery, too.

Site used for other purpose :
Хийдийн туурин дээр шинэ суварга босгосон /цргчэн дуганы туурин дээр / Хийдийн туурийн дэргэд Саруул бригад баг болсон.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1910

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1936-1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 74
Огноо хаагдсан: 1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 76

Site used for other purpose :
Хийдийн туурин дээр шинэ суварга босгосон /цргчэн дуганы туурин дээр / Хийдийн туурийн дэргэд Саруул бригад баг болсон.

Old monastery/temple revived:
Yes

Revived temple register number:
ДУДР 089

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
40-50 monks
100 monks
50-60 monks
101
40-50 monks
100 monks
101
50-60 monks

Notes :
For more information see ДУДР 090 AM.pdf

Form Number :
ДУДР 090

Survey Team :
Team C

Гунгаа


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

ДУДР 090

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors Site plan drawn by surveyors

Цуглуулсан баримтууд / Materials collected

ДУДР 090  ATSF  А.Лхагва  Дэрэнгийнхэн  Ном Хуудас : 38-39  0000-00-00      Д