Guchityn jasyn khiid

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Guchityn jasyn khiid,Guchityn jas,Guchit jas,

Rinchen Number :
762

Rinchen Name :
Guchityn khural

Type of Temple :
Not Known

Aimag Temple located in :
Dundgovi

Sum Temple located in :
Gobi-Ugtaal soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Дундговь аймаг Баянжаргалан сум. Гучтын жас. Цэцэн хан аймгийн Боржигон цэцэн вангийн хошууны Гучид хэмээх сумын дотор тахигдсан “ Пунцагдашлин” дацан нь одоогийн Баянжаргалан сумын Цагаан-Өндөр уул хэмээх газар байжээ. Энэ дацанг анх Тэнгэрийн тэтгэсний 4-р / 1739/ онд засаг бэйл Дагдандоржийн үед жил бүрийн зун цагт Ганжуур эрдэнэ тэргүүтнийг хуруулан байсан хэмээн архивын баримтанд бичиж үлдээжээ. Иймээс энэ хурал нь цагийн хурал байсан бололтой. / Улсын Үндэсний Төв Архив. ФА – 3, д – 1, хн – 1121/

Description of location :
The site is located 23Km east of the Gobi-Ugtaal soum centre in the adjacent to Guchityn us. To the north of the site is sacred Dashnyam ovoo and to the south-east is Tsagaan Undur mountain. (Academician B.Rinchen records the site as being in Bayanjargalan soum and Maidar records is as being in Tsagaandelger soum.)

GPS readings :
North 46° 05’  East 107°  46’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 40 Side2: 30 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
Some stone foundations / bases made of stone of square-shaped buildings and a rectangular-shaped building were visible in a line. There are some other stone remnants to the southwest of them and one in the northwest. Fragments of mostly everyday objects were found. There was no trace of digging. A well, called Guchitiin us, is still working 50 m north-west of the site.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
277 monks
unknown
277 monks
unknown

Notes :
Interview A 71: Interview with R. Ravjaa, monk of the revived Ganjuur temple in the centre of Govi-Ugtaal sum. He was born in 1925 and had been a monk in Baruun Ganjuur monastery. According to him, the jas called Guchit jas was situated to the north-east of the old Khongor Brigade, about 23 kilometres from the sum centre of Govi-Ugtaal, in the east. It was situated by a water called Guchitiin us. (Remark: the informant mentioned Guchit jas and the above data when the surveyors asked him if he had heard about monasteries called Baruun and Züün Tsoor (marked on Rinchen). However, it is not sure that it is identical with either Baruun or Züün Tsoor as he also said that Tsoor was situated at Ikh Zalaa Mountain. He said that this jas monastery had only one jas unit.) According to Maidar Guchitiin jasiin khiid was situated in a place, called Tsorgo. 277 monks belonged to the monastery which had 5 temples and 5 jas. The buildings were constructed of wood. From this we may say that probably it was the same Baruun Tsoor or Züün Tsoor monastery (as Tsorog is a variation of Tsoor), but it is far from being sure. Moreover, Rinchen marks the three monasteries separately.

Form Number :
ДУГУ 085

Survey Team :
Team C

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors