Khukhuugiin khural

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Khukhuugiin khural ,

Rinchen Number :

Rinchen Name :
Khukhuugiin khural

Type of Temple :
Jasaa Assembly

Aimag Temple located in :

Sum Temple located in :
Chandmana-Undur 3rd Bag, Khukhuu hill

Old Aimag Name :
Zasagt Khan

Old Sum Name :
Dalai gun branch

Description of location :
96 800x600 Normal 0 false false false EN-GB JA X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} The site is situated on the south side of the Khukhuu hill, which is 28 km north of the soum center. It is on the north  bank of the Nariin Davaanii  Bayan Bulag river.  

GPS readings :
North 48° 31’  East 99°  79’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 5 x 8 Side2: 5 x 8 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :

Status of site at time of survey :
There are the remains of two temples where hourly prayers were said hidden in the thick grass in the highland area; we had to cut the thick grass to measure the remains of the temple.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
About 1880

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1936 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1940 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:
Year : - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Monks in Old Temple :
8 monks came in fall and spring
1 monk resided

Notes :
10) These 2 temples were built in 1880, as branches of Arig’s lower monastery at Khukhuu Tolgoi’s mountainside, which is on northern border of the branch. (For the purpose of getting closer to prayers) 11) Since 1936, after the monks left the Arig’s lower monastery there had been no more praying going on so it was closed. In 1940, the first temple, which survived after war, was taken down by local people. 13) Before these two temples were closed up to 8 monks were alternating to come up here from Arig’s lower monastery to pray for an hour in fall and spring. Rest of the time only one monk stayed there permanently. The distance from Arig’s lower monastery to the temple remains is about 46-50km.

Form Number :
ХӨЧӨ 048

Survey Team :
Team А

Газрын зураг / Map