Аrigiin Deed khuree

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Аrigiin Deed khuree ,

Rinchen Number :

Rinchen Name :
Аrigiin Deed khuree ( Dashgempilin)

Type of Temple :
Monastic City

Aimag Temple located in :

Sum Temple located in :
Chandmani –Undur soum 2nd Bag Naryny Am

Old Aimag Name :
Zasagt Khan

Old Sum Name :
Dalau Gun branch

Description of location :
The site is located in the place named Khureenii nariin, which is far from about 33km center of the soum Chandmani Undur.

GPS readings :
North 50° 79’  East 99°  60’

Revived temple on site :

Status of site at time of survey :
There are no remains of buildings at all at the site. The remains of eight earth foundations were noticeable. Four of them are clearer than the others. The height of earth foundation was 4-5cm above ground level.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо хаагдсан: 1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо нураагдсан:: - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Minjid gevsh - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Tsend saisan, rich person of the branch - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:
Year : - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Monks in Old Temple :

Notes :
10) After Arig’s lower monastery was established, a wealthy person from the branch, Tsend Zaisan, built a religious chanting monastery at the head of Arig river. All the expenses were paid by him. All the objects of worship were brought from the lower monastery, Dood khuree, and Mijid gevsh was invited as a master. 5) The Arig river that flows through Chandmani-Undur sum is an historical place, which was mentioned as “Arig water” in the Secret history of the Mongols. At first, Arig was known as Airag (kumiss). The reason why it has been called Airag is when Chingis’s soldiers were crossing the river they accidently spilled a massive amount of Airag in the river. Since then it was called Airag for hundreds of years. But later it was changed to Arig. In Rinchen`s list lower and upper monasteries were named Lower one was named Shadavchoinkhorlin Upper one was named Dashgempilin The two sites are located 36 km from each other.

Form Number :
ХӨЧӨ 046

Survey Team :
Team А

Газрын зураг / Map