Doloo zag sum
Read in Mongolian
Name(s) of Temple :
Doloo zag sum,
Rinchen Number :
799
Rinchen Name :
Doloon sumiin khiid /Doloon shar zagiin sum/
Type of Monastery/Temple:
Monastic City
Aimag where the temple is located:
Ömnögovi
Sum where the temple is located:
Bayn Ovoo sym
Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan
Old Khoshuu Name :
Tüshee günii khoshuu
Historical Summary (In Mongolian only):
Өмнөговь аймаг Баян овоо сум. Долоон сүмийн хурал Академич Бямбын Ренчингийн 1979 онд эрхлэн нийтлүүлсэн, “БНМАУ-ын угсаатны зүйн атлас”-ын сүм хийдийн жагсаалтанд Долоон сумийн хийд хэмээх нэрээр бүртгэгдсэн энэ хурлын газар нь хуучин Мандал овоо сумын нутаг дахь Долоон шар заг гэдэг газар оршиж байжээ.Харин одоогийн Баян овоо сум хуучин Эрдэнэ сумаас тасарч бие даасан сум болж байгуулагдаад 1958 онд энэхүү Долоон ашр заг гэдэг газар сумын төв нь төвлөрчээ.Хожим нь 1972 оны үеэс Долоон шар заг хэмээх энэ газрыг Эрдэнэцогт хэмээн нэрлэх болсон байна.Энд байсан Долоон сүмийн хурал нь 1840-өөд оны үед байгуулагдсан бөгөөд 70 гаруй жил оршин тогтнож 1920-иод оны эхээр хаагджээ.Энэ хурал нь 3-4 зоч лам ээлжлэн сууж байдаг зодын хурал байсан болотой.Одоогоор тус хурлын талаар их сурвалж мэдэээлэл байхгүй байна. /Мандал овоо сумын иргэн Бархүүтэй хийсэн ярилцлагаас 2007.05.27/
Description of location :
The site is located at the south-east corner of the Bayan-Ovoo sum. The site is now covered with grass so there are no visible marks left. Togoo mountain, which is a sacred place, is on the north-east side, Ulziit mountain is on the east, Khuukhdiin ovoo is south-east side of the site.
GPS coordinates :
North 42° 57’ East 106° 07’
Total site area:
Side1: 300 Side2: 300 Side3: 300 Side4: 300 Side5: Side6:
Revived temple on site :
No
Site status at the time of survey :
The site is all covered with grass and bushes, so no outlines are visible. Sum centre was located here for some time so the area is also covered with rubbish. There are small pieces of blues bricks here and there on the site and this is all that is left of the temples.
Date of establishment of the monastery/temple :
1840s
Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Revival of the old monastery/temple:
No
Founder's name and title (if known):
Date of Revival:
Monks in Old Temple :
over 200 monks
about 100 monks
over 200 monks
about 100 monks
Form Number :
ӨГБО 031
Survey Team :
Team E