Khar noyony khiid

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Khar noyony khiid,Noyony khiid,

Rinchen Number :

Rinchen Name :
Khar noyony khiid

Type of Temple :
Monastic City

Aimag Temple located in :

Sum Temple located in :
Olziit soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Govi tushee gunii khoshuu

Description of location :
The site is located at the mountain Buural Ugalz, at the back of Baruun Ugalz and 70 kilometers south of sum centre.

GPS readings :
North 44° 17’  East 106°  37’

Revived temple on site :

Status of site at time of survey :
It seems that 3 temples belonged to the complex, two made of bricks and one made of wood. 4 large courtyards, monks dwellings and probably 2 stupas were situated in the area. It is an area surrounded by hills and there was a river there, too. Relic hunters had visited the site. Equipment (spoons, pots, etc.), burnt wood, pieces of newspapers and a history book from the 1940s were found. As the buildings were made of brick and mud some traces remain.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1939 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 59

Old monastery/temple revived:

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :

Notes :
Data from the book ‘Ölziigöö Khairlasan Ölziit nutag mini’ Ulaanbaatar, 2004, p. 93. According to this book, Khar Noyonii khiid was situated on the Mountain Buural-Ugalz. It was a small monastery with less than 50 monks. Interview A59: According to A. Sereeter old lady (born 1919), who visited the monastery when she was a child, Noyonii khiid was situated on a place called Ugalz and it was a small monastery, as for example Tsagaan khadnii khural (ДУӨЗ 049). The monasteries of the area were closed around 1939. The monks were arrested. According to Maidar (590), 4 temples and 5 financial units (jas) belonged to this monastery.

Form Number :
ДУӨЗ 061

Survey Team :
Team C

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors