Mujyn jas

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Mujyn jas,

Rinchen Number :

Type of Temple :
Not Known

Aimag Temple located in :

Sum Temple located in :
Bayanjargalan soum

Old Aimag Name :
Setsen Khan

Old Sum Name :
Borjigon setsen vangiin khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):

Дундговь аймаг Баянжаргалан сум. Мужийн жас Баянжаргалан сумын төвөөс баруун зүгт 15 км-т хуучин Энгэр усны бригадын хойд талд Мужийн жас хэмээх цагийн хуралтай жасаа хурал байжээ. Нэг модон дугантай энэ хуралд намрын дунд сарын адгаар мөн өвлийн эхэн сарын сүүлчээр хошуу хийдээс лам нар гарч ирж цагийн хурал хурдаг, бусад үед тахилч лам л үлдэж дуганыг сахиж байдаг түр цагийн хурал байсан байна. Дуганы ойролцоо жасын мал нутаглаж байсан тухай мэдээ байхгүй. Мужийн жас хэмээх энэ хурлын тухай түүхийн холбогдох баримт судалгааны бүтээлүүдэд дурдагдаагүй байна. /Баянжаргалан сумын төв өндөр настан Маньбадар, өндөр настан Чимэддовдон нартай хийсэн ярилцлагаас 2007.07.29/

Description of location :
The site is located 15 km. west of the sum centre, north of a brigade Enger Usnii and north of Delger mountain.

GPS readings :
North 45° 46’  East 107°  47’

Revived temple on site :

Status of site at time of survey :
Two places were found by the surveyors, which were said to be the site of Mujiin jas. However, neither of the places could be accepted as the site of a temple. No trace of digging on either site. Description of the two sites: Both of them are on the hillside, near Khökh ovoo of Delger uul. They are close to each other. Place 1 is a square-shaped formation crowded by stones with two smaller formations on the north. A stone heap stands in the middle. As the complex is situated in a valley where a river used to be flow it cannot be considered as a site of a temple. A smaller square-shaped formation is situated a bit higher up in front of the ovoo. Place 2 is a round formation arranged by stones. A yurt could have been put inside. There are some stone heaps nearby. No further information. No signs of monastic life. Maybe a third place near these two also existed once.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1939 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 64

Old monastery/temple revived:

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
Тогтмол суудаггүй
Тогтмол суудаггүй

Notes :
Interview A64: D. Manibadar (born 1931) visited the temple when he was a child. According to him Mujiin jas consisted of only one temple. There were no stupas. Monks did not reside there permanently, but came time to time from Züün Choir monastery. The monasteries of the area were closed from 1939. Interview A66: According to T. Dowdondoo (born 1911) there were no temples belonging to Mujiin jas. 8A According to the book written by Ch. Mönknast (Tsagaandelgeriin tsadig orshivai, Ulaanbaatar 1994), Borjigin Tsetsen vangiin khoshuu had 7 otogs. One of them was Muj otog which worshipped Delger uul (p.6.). Every otog had a temporary assembly with a jas.

Form Number :
ДУБЖ 069

Survey Team :
Team C


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors