Vangiin khuree

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Vangiin khuree,

Rinchen Number :
269

Rinchen Name :
Bulgany khuree, Van khuree, Khand chin vangiin khuree, Daichin vangiin khuree, Ligsivdungailin

Type of Temple :
Monastic City

Aimag Temple located in :
Bulgan

Sum Temple located in :
1st bag, Bulgan soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Daichin Vangiin Khoshuu

Description of location :
The site is located south of Bulgan soum center. North (200 meters) of the site is a cow ranch, west (500 meters)is sacred Bulgan mountain, east is Jamgany ovoo and southeast (2.5 km.) is Meej mountain.

GPS readings :
North 48° 47’  East 103°  31’

Revived temple on site :
Yes

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1862

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:001
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:001
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1960 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:001

Old monastery/temple revived:
Yes

Revived temple register number:
БУБХ 005

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Dugarjav - Ярилцлагын дугаар: 001
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Gelegjamts - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Gombojav - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Itgelt - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:
Year : 1990 оны 10 сар - Ярилцлагын дугаар: 001

Monks in Old Temple :
around 5000 monks

Notes :
The Vangiin Khuree was the major monastery of Tusheet Khan aimag. In the registration of Academician B.Rinchen, it is recorded as Ligsivdungailin. But the local monks and people call it as Ligshiddongoilin. The monastery had 12 aimags and 5 datsans (colleges). In the monastery complex were:Geser temple, Divaajin (Sukhavati) temple, Jud datsan (college of Tantra), Duinkhor datsan (college of Kalachakra), Manba datsan (college of medical science) and Zurkhain datsan (college of astrology). A Maidar (Maitreya) statue with the 80 elbows high was in the monastery. In the registration of Academician B.Rinchen, it is recorded in the territory of Bugat soum of Bulgan aimag. According to the present administrative division, it is now in the territory of Bulgan soum of Bulgan aimag. Southeast of the Divaajingiin sum (temple of Sukhavati) is newly built Dashchoinkhorlin monastery. In 1937, Daichin vangiin khuree was closed and the temples were destroyed starting from autumn of 1937. In the 1960s, the last remaining Tsogchen temple was destroyed.

Form Number :
БУБХ 049

Survey Team :
Team E

Газрын зураг / Map

Архивын зургууд / Archive photographs