Vangiin sum

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Vangiin sum,

Rinchen Number :
0

Type of Temple :
Monastic City

Aimag Temple located in :
Uvs

Sum Temple located in :
Umnugobi sum

Old Aimag Name :
Zasagt Khan

Old Sum Name :
Durvud dalai khaanii khoshuu/ Zorigt Gunii khoshuu/

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Увс аймаг Өмнөговь сум. Намирын хүрээ / Бишрэлт вангийн хүрээ / Дөрвөдийн баруун гарын Үнэн Зоригт ханы аймгийн Бишрэлт вангийн хошууны Намирын хүрээ нь одоогийн Увс аймгийн Өмнөговь сумын нутаг Намирын голд Дөрвөдийн далай хан Галзаннамжилын санаачилгаар 1876 онд цогчин дуганыг байгуулснаар их суурь нь тавигджээ. Энэ хүрээнд цогчин, чойр, жүд гэсэн 3 дацан байсан байна. Цогчин дацанд маань ганжуур зэрэг хурлуудыг хурах ба 45 хоногийн хайлан, мөн 9 хоногийн гүдэр, 15 хоногийн чоймпорол жунай хурлуудыг хурдаг байв. Цанидын сургуулийг 1904 оны намар Дамбий, Өөлдийн хошууны гавж Чүлтэмзунарай хэмээх хүн удирдан байгуулжээ. Чойрын дуганыг 1921 онд Жонон вангийн хошууны Баян Жанчив гэдэг хүн өөрийн хөрөнгөөр бариулж өгсөн байна. Жүд дацанг 1927 онд Улаангомын хүрээний гавж лам Чүлтэмгүнчин удирдан байгуулжээ. Жүд дацанд жилд 50 хоног жүд хурлыг хурдаг байв. Тус хүрээ нь анх Намирын гол, Чандмань, Ховд гол зэрэг газруудаар нүүж яваад 1901-1905 оны хооронд Намирын голд ирж суурьшин улмаар 30 гаруй жил болоод 1937 оны эхээр хаагджээ. 1910-аад оны үед тус хүрээ нь 4 дацан, 4 дугантай, 5 жастай, 200 гаруй лам хурдаг байсан тухай мэдээ байна. Дээрх баримтуудаас үзэхэд Бишрэлт вангийн хошууны Намирын хүрээ нь 60 орчим жил оршин тогтнож тухайн үеийн Бишрэлт вангийн хошууны нутаг буюу одоогийн Өмнөговь, Ховд сумуудын нутгаар 3 удаа буурь сэлгэн нүүж байсан хүрээ бус хийд байсан бололтой. Холбогдох эх сурвалж: 1. Увс аймгийн орон нутгийг судлах музейн тайлбарлагч Жанчидын Ширэндэвтэй хийсэн ярилцлагаас 2007.06.07 2.Тагнуулын ерөнхий газрын архив Ф -1, д – 3, хн – 5

Description of location :
The site is located in the valley with a Tsegeenii Shovgor mountain in the back, a Tsegeenii lake in the front and sandy soil on both sides. A local herder spends the winter and autumn months in the area. The lake is mentioned in one of the Durvud ethnic songs. About 10 km. to the north there is a sacred mountain of Khargaitiin Ulaan, that has been worshiped.

GPS readings :
North 49° 17’  East 091°  35’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 57 Side2: 44 Side3: 57 Side4: 44 Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
The outlines of the outer fence of the site are clearly visible. There are 4 outlines of temples and 3 round outlines of ger bases within the fence area. One ger was probably built with dirt and the other two: regular felt. Observing the outlines of the temples, we assume that those were built with blue dirt from the Tsegeen lake. The bases of the fence, temples and gers were built with rocks. On the south side of the fence there is a 4 m. x 1 m. rock foundation, not clear of what it was for. Maybe it was from the monks lavatory. The small constructions like this were built with dirt. It is located 11 m. from the fence. The outline at the centre of the fence is 10.m long and 6 m. wide. The smaller one is 6 m. x 6 m..

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
not clear
not clear

Notes :
1. The locals call it Vangiin sum. However not many people know it. In recent years, people started calling the temple the temple slope (Sumiin Uvur). 2. This is not documented in Rinchen’s map as a separate monastery but as part of Namiriin khuree. So both Bishrelt Vangiin khuree and Vangiin khuree were documented as part of Namiriin khuree. 11. The stories of the locals about when the temple was destroyed differ. Some say in 1921 and some say in 1937. 13. We didn’t find anything about how many monks were there. But based on the location and the size of the temple building base outlines, we think not many monks were there. It may be that Bishrelt van had a small temple with a small number of monks built for him.

Form Number :
УВӨГ 002

Survey Team :
Team А

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors