Gandan khiid

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Gandan khiid,

Rinchen Number :
47

Rinchen Name :
Gandan khuree, Tesiin dood khuree, Gandanchoiplin

Type of Temple :
Monastry

Aimag Temple located in :
Zavkhan

Sum Temple located in :
Tes soum

Old Aimag Name :
Zasagt Khan

Old Sum Name :
Duuregch vangiin khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Завхан аймаг Тэс сум. Гандан хүрээ /Тэсийн доод хүрээ Ганданчойплин хийд/ Хуучин Засагт хан аймгийн Дүүрэгч вангийн хошууны нутаг одоогийн Завхан аймгийн Тэс сумын төвөөс зүүн өмнө зүгт 10 км орчимд Тэсийн голын баруун эрэгт энэхүү хүрээ төвхнөж байжээ.Анх энэ нутгийн Рэгзэн гэдэг эрдэм номтой лам хүн 1890-ээд оны үүсгэн байгуулсан бөгөөд гол шүтээн нь Дэмчиг бурхан байв.Уг хүрээг 1920-иод онд хамба лам Рэгзэн, хамгийн сүүлд хамба Сосорбарам хэмээх хүмүүс толгойлж явжээ.Я.Туваан “анги лам”, О.Пэлжээ, Я.Ширэндэв, Ж.Очир, Л.Бадарч зэрэг сйан лам нар ч байв.Дэжид гэгч нэртэй сайн удган ч байсан байна.300-гаад лам шавилан сууж ном хурдаг байсан их хөлийн газар байсан түүхтэй.Гандан хүрээнд бүрээ, бишгүүр, хэнгэрэг, цан /дэнсэг, хонх, дамар, дун, ганлин/ “эмэгтэй хүний чөмгөөр хийсэн том цан, харанга,” лам нарыг дууддаг дохио” зэрэг хөгжимтэй.Түүнийгээ дацанд байрлуулж хурал хурах, маань хөгжөөх үед тогтмол хөгжимдөнө.Гандан хүрээнд дооромбо /судрын ухаан/, аграмба /тарнийн ухаан/, лхарамба, зийрэмбэ /тэнгэрийн ба зурхайн ухаан/, маарама /эм зүйн ухаан/-ы дамжаагаар олон хүн бэлтгэгдэж, зарим нь 3-5 төрлийн мэргэжил эзэмшсэн сэхээтэн ч байжээ.Гандан хийдийн харьяанд одоогийн Баянтэс сумын Баянбулаг, Хачиг,хурал хийдүүдийн 3-5 дуган ажилладаг байжээ.Гандан хүрээний сүүлчийн дуганыг нутгийн шилдэг мужаан Балбар толгойлж, Я.Ширэндэв, Дугар, Ядам, Гомбожав, Дагва, Чогсом зэрэг уран хүмүүс барилцжээ.Тэр үед Эрдэнэ дүүрэгч вангийн хошууны хүрээнд Ганжуурын 108, Данжуурын 226 ботиос нэлээд нь хадгалагдаж байсан байна.Гандан хийдэд лам нарыг анхан шатны, тусгай мэргэжлийн хэмээн ялган бие даан сургадаг байж.Суралцагсдад насны ялгаагүй, эцэг эхийн хүсэлтээр аль нэг ламд шавь оруулж, түвд үсэг заалгаж, уншуулж, бичүүлнэ.Цогчин хурдаг хуралд тогтмол суулгаж хурал номын ёс горим, бурхан тахилыг шүтэх, лам хуваргын сахилга журмыг танилцуулж, цээжилсэн номыг нь олон лам нарын ая данд нийцүүлэн уншуулж сургана.Лам нар ийнхүү суралцсанаар цогчин уншлагын 7 ерөөл, 10 хангал зэрэг номыг үзэж дуусаад анхан шатны суурь боловсрол эзэмшинэ.Тэсийн доод хүрээ буюу Гаданчойплин хийд нь сүм дуган лам нарын тоо хуралномын цар хүрээгээрээ Дүүрэгч вангийн хошуундаа 2-т орох хэмжээний хүрээ хийд байжээ.Учир нь Тэс сумтай хөрш зэргэлдээ Хөвсгөл аймгийн Цэцэрлг сумын Амарын дэнж буюу Тэсийн голын хойд биед байсан Тэсийн хүрээ нь Дүүрэгч вангийн хошууны гол хүрээ байсан бөгөөд 1784-1938 оныг хүртэл оршин тогтнож 1500-гаад лам хурдаг байсан томоохон хүрээ байсан юм.Одоо Тэсийн доод хүрээ буюу Ганданчойплин хийдийн хурал номыг сэргээж Тэс сумын төв дээр шинэ цагийн Ганданчойплин хийд үүсч байгуулагдан хурал номын үйл эрхэлж байна. Холбогдох эх сурвалж: 1.Ш.Цэдэндорж “Тэс нутгийн уянга” УБ 2006 2. Ч.Банзрагч Б.Сайнхүү “Монголын хүрээ хийдийн түүх” УБ 2004 3. Cумын засаг дарга Батбаяртай хийсэн ярицлагаас 2007.06.15

Description of location :
Tesiin Monastery, or Gandan Monastery, is located about 10 km. southeast from the Tes sum centre in Zavkhan province and on the western shore of Tes River. To the east is a stream of the Tes River. A low mountain range surrounds and encloses site. The land is characterized by Gobi soil where garagana and sand movement are commonly encountered. There are no worshiped owoo or mountains in the area.

GPS readings :
North 49° 41’  East 095°  57’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 1500 Side2: 500 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
The historical site has bases of a temple, ger dwellings and a well. The main temple base which centers the monastery base is 17 x 20 m. in size and at true north of this is a single piece of rotten wood. The locals recognize the main temple base by the wood’s location and the area where the well is found. To the east of the temple is a building, 10 x 12 m.and one ger, 17 m. in diameter. To their north is a river, Tesin Gol,where there are 2 small buildings, 10 x 12 m and 12 x 12 m. on its west and east shorelines. The upper part of the site is called Geser Church. To the west of the temple are 2 bases measuring 18 x 18 m and 13 x 16.5 m and a ger made from mud that is 15 m. in diameter. There was a well in front of the main temple which was used to hide monastery items. Around 2 – 3 years ago, people started plundering this area. These building and ger bases have their stone foundations visible and convex on dirt embankments and the location is clearly noticeable. However as the site covers an extensive area and some parts are not as visible as the others, our team has taken several photos, each presenting a different view:. the main temple base, views from west and east of the temple and southwest and southeast from the main site. The area which was occupied by monks and Chinese nationals is fully covered, making it hard to pinpoint where the exact sites start and finish. Therefore a photo was taken from a far distance to document this area. It has been said that surrounding the monastery were 4 prayer wheels and a big brown-colored stupa in the southeast of the site whose traces are also disappearing. Locals believe that the 4 prayer wheels were located about 100 steps away from the main temple and the stupa was located about 200 steps away from the south of Geser Church.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1860
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1939 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:001
Огноо хаагдсан: 1939 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:002
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1939 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:001
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1939 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:002

Old monastery/temple revived:
Yes

Revived temple register number:
ЗАТС 020

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Regzen Byambadulam - Ярилцлагын дугаар: 001
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Д.Түвшинжаргал(засаг дарга асан) - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Н.Батбаяр (засаг дарга) - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Н.Чулуунбаатар (дархан) - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Дархан (Лам, Увс аймаг, Өмнөговь сум) - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:
Year : 2003 оны 5-р - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Monks in Old Temple :
100 monks
100 monks

Notes :
10. About 70 years ago, the Gandan monastery was built by Regzen, a noble man from Bayan-Uul sum, on his return from Utai Gumbum. 11. The monastery was disbanded in 1939 and wood from the site were used to construct a facility to press oil. In 1960, a lone piece of wood was all that remained of the previous establishment, which was noted by Prof. Namnandorj from Mongolian Academy of Science during his visit to the site. The Gandan Monastery consisted of 3 temples named Tsogchen Dugan, Maidariin Dugan another temple whose name is uncertain. In 1939, one of the ambassadors of Buddhism, Javzan came to the monastery to hide items from the monetary in the well which was 9 fathoms deep. 7. The historical site’s dimensions are roughly calculated. According to the locals the monastery complex did not have fences and the monk dwellings were located near the monastery. The dwelling used by Chinese had a fence enclosing it. Based on this information our team concluded the whole site (consisting of the temples, the monastery, the prayer wheels and the monk dwellings) measures 1500 x 1500. The storage buildings were noted separately and they were illustrated in a handmade map along with their sizes.

Form Number :
ЗАТС 059

Survey Team :
Team А

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors