Shurgakhyn khuree

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Shurgakhyn khuree,Shurgakhyn khuree,

Rinchen Number :
70

Rinchen Name :
Shuragiin khuree

Type of Temple :
Monastic School

Aimag Temple located in :
Zavkhan

Sum Temple located in :
Ider sum

Old Aimag Name :
Sain Noyon

Old Sum Name :
Dalai choinkhor vangiin khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Завхан аймаг Идэр сум. Шургахын хүрээ. / Шургийн хүрээ./ Хуучин Сайнноён хан аймгийн Далай Чойнхор вангийн хошууны нутаг одоогийн Идэр сумын төвөөс зүүн тийш 39 км , Тэлмэн сумын төвөөс баруун урагш 36 кмт Шургахын голын сав Хүрээний шовх нэртэй уулын энгэрт уг хурлын газар төвхнөж байжээ. Уг хрулын сүм дуганын туурь маш тодорхой мэдрэгдэх бөгөөд улаан хүрэн өнгийн зузаан чулуу бүхий суурьтай байгууламжийн туурь 3-4 байна. Уг хурлын газар нь 1880-аад оны үед үүсч байгуулагдсан 4-5 сүм дугантай 50-60 лам тогтмол сууж хурдаг Лхам сахиус бүхий байнгын хуралтай хийд байжээ. Цогчин дуган, Майдарын дуган, Ганжуурын дуган, Хайлан дуган , Шүтээний дуган гэж байсан бөгөөд хийдийн лам нар зуны эхэн сарын шинийн 8-нд Хүрээний шовх хэмээх уулын овоог тахиж байв. Мөн зуны дунд сард Майдар эргэдэг байсан ба намрын эхэн сард лам нар нь Ганжуурын 108 ботийг хэд хэдэн шоглоор багцлан нуруундаа үүрч ойр хавийн уул нуруудыг хярлаж бэллэн тойрдог байжээ. Энэхүү Ганжуур эргэх зан үйл нь 2-3 хоног үргэлжилдэг байсан ажээ. Лам нарын дунд 2-3 гавьж байсан ба нийт лам нарын тал хувь нь гэлэн сахилтай хүмүүс байжээ. Шургахын хурлын үйл ажиллагаа 1933 оны дунд үеэс эхлэн тасалдаж зарим лам нар баривчлагдан үлдсэн лам нарын ихэнхи нь хөдөө гарч хар болсноор энэхийд үндсэндээ 1935 оны сүүлч үе гэхэд бүрэн хаагджээ. Харин сүм дуганыг нь хэзээ нураасан тухай мэдээлэл тодорхойгүй байна. 1990-ээд оны үед Хөвсгөл аймгийн геологи хайгуулын анги энэ орчмын газрын хөрсөнд судалгаа хайгуул хийж орчны газрын гадаргыг нь нилээд гэмтээсэн ба нөхөн сэргээлт хийгээгүй байна. Шургахын хийдэд тахигдаж байсан нилээд бурхан тахил одоо Тэлмэн суманд шинээр байгуулагдсан Дашпэлжлин хийдэд байдаг тухай мэдээлэл байна. / Идэр сумын засаг дарга И.Баянтөртэй хийсэн ярилцлагаас. 2007.06.25/

Description of location :
Shurgakhyn valley is on the west bank of the Ider river. The khuree is located on the slope of the mountain that is called “Khureenii shovkh”. On the top of the Khureenii Shovkh is a wooden ovoo that is worshiped by locals. There are no other sacred mountains or rivers in the area. Nor are there any towns nearby. Ovoo worship ceased (in communist times) but is now revived. Local herders spend the winter months here. One of the local herders guided us to the site.

GPS readings :
North 48° 30’  East 097°  11’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 500 Side2: 400 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
Shurgakhyn khuree is located in the south side of the Khureenii Shovkh mountain. No sum or bag centres were established at this site so its outlines are still clearly visible. However the ground is very sandy and there are many mice. One of the outlines is 20M x 22M and it is clearer than the others. We assume it is the main temple. The base consists of large reddish stones with the 4 corners remaining clear so the size of the temple can be worked out. On the east side of the main temple base is another 9M x 14M platform outline, and this is assumed to be for a temple. There are 2 smaller platform outlines (4M x5M). In one of the smaller platforms, there is the remains of a fire place, so we assume it was a kitchen. To the east of the site there are ger base outlines, which may be the monks’ residence area. Also there is a 5M x5.3M house base outline. In the early 1930’s (but some say in 1937-1938) most of the religious artefacts were buried in the ground, but in 1990 many of these were dug out, the marks of digging being clear. Also a geology team from Khuvsgul did excavations in the area, so the marks of there work are also visible. Shurgakhiin khuree is 36Km west of Telmen sum, and 39kKm east of Ider sum. Water sources are very limited in the area so herders spend the winters only. Religious artefacts that are found are taken to the newly established Dashpeljeelin monastery at Telmen sum.

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
Мэдэгдэхгүй
Мэдэгдэхгүй

Notes :
1.Нутгийн иргэд “Шургахын гол” Шургахын хүрээ гэж нэрлэдэг. Б.Ринчен гуай "Шурагийн хүрээ" гэж тэмдэглэсэн буй.

Form Number :
ЗАИД 053

Survey Team :
Team А

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors