Baishintyn khuree

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Baishintyn khuree,Baishintyn khuree,

Rinchen Number :
58

Rinchen Name :
Baishintyn khural

Type of Temple :
Monastic School

Aimag Temple located in :
Zavkhan

Sum Temple located in :
Tosontsengel / Bulnai /

Old Aimag Name :
Zasagt Khan

Old Sum Name :
Avtai gunii khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Завхан аймаг Тосонцэнгэл сум. Байшинтийн хийд Хуучин Баатар бэйс Бирваарагчаагийн хошууны нутаг одоогийн Тосонцэнгл сумын төвөөс зүүн хойш 30 орчим км-т тус сумын Оргих бригадын нутаг Номтын уулын ар талд Өвөр Байшинт, ар Байшинт хэмээх 2 уулын дунд өвөр Байшинтийн булгийн хойд дэвсэгт энэхүү хийд төвхнөж байжээ.1880-аад оны үед Шумуултайн хүрээнээс салбарлан тасарч байгуулагдсан энэ хийд нь 3 дугантай 30 орчим лам сууж хурдаг Балданлхам сахиустай байнгын хурал байжээ.1920-иод оныг хүртэл тус хийд нь байнгын хуралтай байсан бөгөөд 1920-иод оны дунд үеэс тухай үеийн цаг үеийн байдлаас шалтгаалж жил сарын дүйцэн өдрүүдэд Шумуултайн хүрээнээс лам нар гарч ирж хурдаг түр цагийн хуралтай болжээ.Хийдийн лам нар зуны эхэн сард Агьтийн овоо хэмээх тахилгат овоог тахиж байсан байна.Байшинтийн хийд нь 1932 онд Шумуултайн хүрээг мөхсөний дараа хэсэг хугацаанд цагийн хурал хурж байгаад 1933 оны сүүлчээр бүрэн хаагджээ.Одоо хийдийн туурин дээр 10:8, 6:6, 10:6 хэмжээний 3 дуганын туурь, 1 гэр хэлбэрийн дугуй дуганы туурь тод мэдрэгддэг.Эдгээр тууриудын ар талаар нутгийн айлуудын бараагаа хийдэг пүнз амбарууд байсан гэдэг.1950-иад оныг хүртэл энэ туурийн орчим бригадын төв төвлөрч байсан бөгөөд бүр 1 дуганд нь бригадын контор, Аагаант бйаасан ажээ.Бидэнд Байшинтын хурлын тухай мэдээлэл өгсөн Тосонцэнгэл сумын харьяат өндөр настан Чойжилсүрэн гуайн аав лам хүн байсан бөгөөд 1920-иод оны сүүлчээр аав нь Байшинтын хийд дээр ирж маанийн бүтээлд оролцож байсан тухай өгүүлж байна.Тус Байшинтын хурал нь ердийн жалгын хурал, цагийн хурал бус 3 дугантай эхэн үедээ 30 орчим лам байнга сууж хурж Майдар эргэх, Нүгнээ сахих, маанийн бүтээл хийх Сор залах зэрэг зан үйлийг тогтмол хийж байсан хийд байжээ. /Тосонцэнгэл сумын өндөр настан Б.Чойжилсүрэн гуайтай хийсэн ярилцлагаас 2007.06.22/

Description of location :
The site is located 30 km. north of Tosontsengel town in Zavkhan province, north of a big mountain named Nomt and in an area with abundantly forests. To the south of the site is a small spring named Uvur Baishintiin Bulag. There is a ridge of two mountains (called Uvur Baishint and Ar Baishint) at the back of the Nomt mountain. In the middle of these two mountains is a distinctly visible steep mountain and ohe site is found in this mountain’s slope. Based on the site’s geographical location it is named Baishint Monastery. During the 1950s, a brigade centre occupied the site base for some time and a goods storage establishment remains which locals call “Baraanii Ambaar” and to this day the house is still guarded. During winter herders’ families migrate to this area to spend winter and during the three other seasons the area is said to have not enough water supply. There is an owoo named Agitiin Owoo north of the site. This owoo used to be worshiped. The owoo’s main ingredient tree woods that are found in this area are considered too thin to hold itself standing.

GPS readings :
North 48° 50’  East 098°  03’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 15 Side2: 14 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
When our team visited the site, the site base was clearly visible. Our local guide told us that monks’ dwellings used to be located on the slope of Baishint Mountain. Since the dwellings were dismantled, the area where the base was is flattened to suit a ger homestead and these days the monk dwellings’ bases are covered in grass and are just visible. The downside of these dwellings is occupied by a lone base which measures some 9.5 x 13.5 m and to its south is a row of 2 bases measuring 14 x 10 m. and 10 x 8 m. To the south and west of this row is the base of a monastery kitchen house measuring 14.5 x 15 m as told by our guide. To the south of this kitchen house is the base stone of a ger which has only some part intact. To the east of the ger base is a small base which measures 2 x 3 m. It is said that to west of the above-mentioned bases is a storage house which stored the local resident’s private goods. There is an elevated area that is darker than the surrounding area. The site base is located on the slope of a mountain and the bases appear to be dug up.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1880
1870

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар: 001 002

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
not clear
not clear

Notes :
10. It is not yet known when the site was built and who initiated the monastery opening. 1.The Baishintiin Monastery had only 1 temple and numerous storage buildings that are now used by the local residents. Lately a new brigade centre was built on the site base and the church building was re-used as an administration centre till the 1950s when the brigade establishments were dismantled. 2. Although the site is called Baishintiin Monastery, there is only one temple and a few storage houses which are used by the local residents. Based on this information, our team had concluded that it was not a monastery but a Tsagiin Khural temple where assemblies were held. Armed with this information and conclusion, our team visited the site with a local guide and it is confirmed that our team’s conclusion is infact incorrect and the site was an assembly hall made up from about 4 -5 temples. The lone temple mentioned above was intact till the 1950s during which the building was used by the brigade as a trading centre.

Form Number :
ЗАБЛ 042

Survey Team :
Team А

Чойжилсүрэн


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan 1 drawn by surveyors