Oigchiin tsagaan suvarga

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Oigchiin tsagaan suvarga,Tsagaan suvarga,Oichiin sum,Oigchiin khural,

Rinchen Number :
718

Rinchen Name :
Oigchiin tsagaan khural

Type of Temple :
Temple

Aimag Temple located in :
Dundgovi

Sum Temple located in :
Saikhan ovoo soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Дундговь аймаг Сайхан овоо сум. Ойгчийн цагаан хурал. Нутгийн сүсэгтэн олны дунд Ойгчийн хурал,Ойгчийн сүм,Ойгчийн суварга хэмээн нэрлэгддэг энэ туурь нь Сайхан овоо сумын төвөөс баруун тийш 8 км-т Онгийн голын эрэгт байдаг.1910 оны үед Хутагт лам хэмээх хүн 1 сүм барьж 10 орчим лам суулгаснаар энэ хурал сүмийн үйл ажиллагаа эхэлжээ.Сүмийн ардаа нэг суваргатай байсан ба 1930-аад оны эхээр уг сүм хаагдаж,1940-өөд оны дундуур эзгүйрсэн сүмийг нураажээ.Харин суварганы үлдэгдэл 1970-аад он хүртэл байсан байна. /Сайхан овоо сумын иргэн 80 настай Даваа гуайтай хийсэн ярилцлагаас.2007.06.30/

Description of location :
The site is located on the bank of the Ongiin river 8Km north west-from of sum centre. Rinchen: Ongiin gol. Maidar: Oich. The monastery was situated on the bank of Oigchiin gol, according to a list owned by the local governor (sumiin darga) of Saikhan Ovoo Sum. The site is about 8-9km northwest of the Sum centre.

GPS readings :
North 45° 29’  East 103°  50’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: У100 Side2: Ө 80 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
Local people are digging for bricks, etc. The huge stupa on the north, some temples, prayer wheels and some other buildings seem to belong to the complex. Many bricks and terracotta fragments are scattered. A brick burning stove was situated about 200m southwest of the complex. There is an ovoo on the hill, south of the complex.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1910

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Khutagt lam - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 40

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
10 monks
10 monks

Notes :
Data from the interview with Nürevjaviin Davaa, or Naidan lam, born in 1913, who had been a monk in Bragri Lamiin Khiid. According to this informant, who visited the monastery before the purges, there were 2 or 3 temples there. One temple was Ganjuuriin Dugan (Kanjur temple) which was a big one. It had considerably few monks, about 10. There was a stupa (possibly an arch-shaped one) which was big enough for a camel with its load to get under it. The monastery’s head was Yondon Bagsh or Minjüür Yonzon (he was a famous monk of Bragri Lamiin Khiid [ДУСО 014], the trainer and master (Yonzon , Tib: yongs-‘dzin) of the last incarnation of Khutagt Lam (of Khutagt Lamiin Khiid – ДУСО 016), Luvsandorj, who held the rank of Khamba (abbot) here. There were 1000 Buddhist statues here made by a monk Gevsh, called Khalzan Gevsh. The informant called this monastery an Oigchiin Tsagaan Suvraga (with white stupa of Oigch). Data from the interview with M. Bat-Erdene, the current abbot of Bragri Lamiin Khiid (the revived one). According to the informant, this monastery was founded by Khutagt Lam (of Khutagt Lamiin Khiid [ДУСО 016] in the Manchu period. There was a big white stupa on its north. The monks of this monastery worshipped the ovoo called Mandal Ovoo.

Form Number :
ДУСО 013

Survey Team :
Team D

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors