Baruun Geser süm

Read in English

Сүм хийдийн нэр :
Baruun Geser süm ,Geser Temple,Western Geser Temple,ENG: Temple of the Blue Hat lamas,

Ринчений зураг дах дугаар :

Ринчений жагсаалт дах нэр :
Baruun Geser süm

Сүм хийдийн төрөл :

Байрлах аймаг :

Сум :
Chingeltei district,

Аймгийн хуучин нэр :
Түшээт хан

Байршлын тайлбар :
At the foot of Dasgaanii owoo hill (to the west of Gandan) there is a temple complex with high walls enclosing a collection of pink and white temples and other buildings all with green ceramic tiled roofs.

GPS хаяг :
North 47° 55’  East 106°  53’

Сүм хэвээрээ үлдсэн :

Судалгаа явуулах үеийн байдал :
The script OM MANI PADME HUM is written in red on the wall. There are two entrances, with the main entrance on the south side and the other on the east. Inside there are two courtyards. Entering through the main entrance, there are the two small buildings on either side of the first courtyard with the Badma yogo datsan belonging to Gandan monastery at the far end, which has recently been repainted. The buildings on the sides are now classrooms for the Secondary School of Gandan monastery (Shashnii surgalttai 112 dugaar surguul’, ‘112th School, providing religious training’), where Buddhist subjects are also taught. (One of them used to be the residence of Zakhar, the founder. (See History section.) There are also consulting rooms for astrologers in these buildings. Behind the temple, in the second courtyard, there are two yurts: one belongs to Badma yogo datsan being used for holding ceremonies; the other is the consulting room for a traditional doctor. At the head of this courtyard there are stairs leading up to the old brick building called ‘temple of the Heros’, now being used by Zurkhai datsan (see current situation part). Below the stairs in the second courtyard in front of Zurkhai datsan there are two wooden buildings one of which is used by astrologers, the other being a small shop selling religious articles as well as being the reception for ordering the text readings in the Zurkhai datsan. In front of this main building in the second courtyard there are fragments of stone statues and stupas, prayer-wheels, and images of Ochirwaan (Tib. phyag-na rdo-rje / phyag-rdor, Skr. Vajrapani) and Namsrai (Tib. rnam-(thos)-sras, Skr. Vaishravana) painted on a stupa in front of the building. Recently, the wall of the complex was extended and renovated. On the front walls of Geser süm complex, in 2007 a colourful neon floodlighting was placed: a mantra in Tibetan script in red colour, in the centre the name of one of the temples housed in Geser süm, Badma yoga datsan written in white, blue and yellow , and on the two sides in writen Mongolian ’Gandang tegčenling dačang’ in yellow and red. This is crowned with three green horse heads in the upper part.

Сүм хийд байгуулагдсан он :
1919 to 1920
1927 Geser temple (Rinchen 930) moved to this site

Сүм хийд хаагдсан, нураагдсан он :
Огноо хаагдсан: Closed in 1933 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо хаагдсан: Used as a dormitory for state artists from 1937-19 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо хаагдсан: Used as an office dealing with the revival of cult - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо хаагдсан: Used as a library and archive for Gandan monastery - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо хаагдсан: Used as medical school (Manba datsan) of Gandan mo - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

тухайн газар шинэ сүм дугана баригдсан :

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:
Year : 1990 Gandan Secondary School established - Number of recorded interview:

хуучин хийдийн лам нар

Тэмдэглэл :
For information see UBR 914 AM.pdf All data on this temple is kindly provided by Kristina Teleki and Zsuzsa Majer who retain copyright. See relevant section in Monasteries and Temples of Bogdiin Khüree, Ikh Khüree or Urga, the Old Capital City of Mongolia in the First Part of the Twentieth Century: Zsuzsa Majer, Krisztina Teleki Budapest, Hungary. Ulaanbaatar 2006

Хүснэгтийн дугаар :
UBR 914

судалгааны баг :
Team: Д

Газрын зураг :

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

UBR 914