Dünjingarviin süm

Read in English

Сүм хийдийн нэр :
Dünjingarviin süm ,Ömniig tetgegch tsagaan lawain süm,Dünjingarav,Dünjingarbo,

Ринчений зураг дах дугаар :

Ринчений жагсаалт дах нэр :
Dünjongarviin süm

Сүм хийдийн төрөл :

Байрлах аймаг :

Байршлын тайлбар :
The temple was located on the east side of the fun-fair park, next to the present-day Bulgarian Embassy. GPS was taken there. According to Dashtseren lama, this temple was used to worship the spirit of the Bogd khan Mountain.

GPS хаяг :
North 47° 54’  East 106°  55’

Сүм хэвээрээ үлдсэн :

Судалгаа явуулах үеийн байдал :
There are no remains. The temple was located on the east side of the fun-fair park next to the present-day Bulgarian Embassy.

Сүм хийд байгуулагдсан он :
Built in the 19th century

Сүм хийд хаагдсан, нураагдсан он :

тухайн газар шинэ сүм дугана баригдсан :

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

хуучин хийдийн лам нар

Тэмдэглэл :
For more information see UBR 924 AM.pdf The outskirts of the city were dotted with chapels where temporary assemblies of lamas gathered on specific days to worship the local spirits of mountains, such as Dünjongarwiin süm, Bogdiin khiid (dugan) or Tsetsee günii khural (Rinchen 938 UBR 938) and Bayanzürkhiin dugan (Rinchen 941 UBR 941). Dünjongaraw (Tib. dung skyong dkar-po) is the name of one of the eight kings of water spirits (Tib. klu, Skr. naga). One of the sub-peaks in the Bogd khan Mountain, which is near Zaisan tolgoi has the same name (Elevation 1755m, N 47°52.124’, E 106°53.503’). According to Dashtseren lama, this temple was used to worship the spirit of the Bogd khan Mountain. High-ranking lamas were invited to celebrate the ceremonies held here. There were no resident lamas in the temple just a guard who lived nearby. According to Dulam (p. 74.), the day before the ceremony to worship the spirits under the leadership of a prince from Tüsheet khan clan (descendants of Chinggis khan) the following things were delivered by two white camels from Dünjingaraw temple to Tsetsee gün, a shrine on the highest peak of Bogd khan Mountain: black weapon (Dulam, p. 76. khar tsakhiur buu, ‘black coloured rifle/gun’), bows, arrows, swords and armor belonging to Awtai sain khan (1534-1589, statesman of Tüsheet khan aimag) and Baatar beil, as well as a tiger-skin, leopard-skin, bear-skin, wolf-skin etc. According to Pürew (Mongoliin uls töriin töw, p. 40.), the area between Dünjingaraw hill and the Middle River (Dund gol) was under the authority of Zorigt wan, Osorbazar (1841-1895) or O. wan, a Mongolian noble from Tüsheet khan aimag who had a Chinese wife. Dünjingaraw shrine was built in the 19th century (Pürew, Mongol töriin golomt, p. 57.) as his private property and the two-storey temple building had a pleasing garden with flowers and trees within the fenced-off area (Jügder’s painting). According to Jambal (English text p. 17, footnote 8), who also mentions that Dünjin garbo süm was established by O. Wan, there were a number of bronze buddha images inside the temple. It was said that the spirit lord of the Bogd khan Mountain inhabited this temple. There are three photos in the collection of the Film Archive (K24087-89, 93 box), which have been identified with the name Dünjongaraw. However, the three pictures seem to show three different temples, as neither the surroundings, nor the number and characteristics of the buildings in each are the same. We believe that one of them (K24089) does show the real Dünjingaraw temple. According to the drawing kept in Ulaanbaatar city museum Osorbazar wangiin khoroo and Setsen khaanii khoroo were located north of Dünjingaraw. No other data was found about this temple. All data on this temple is kindly provided by Kristina Teleki and Zsuzsa Majer who retain copyright. See relevant section in Monasteries and Temples of Bogdiin Khüree, Ikh Khüree or Urga, the Old Capital City of Mongolia in the First Part of the Twentieth Century: Zsuzsa Majer, Krisztina Teleki Budapest, Hungary. Ulaanbaatar 2006

Хүснэгтийн дугаар :
UBR 924

судалгааны баг :
Team: Д

Газрын зураг :

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

UBR 924

Архивын зургууд :