Yargaityn sum

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Yargaityn sum,Baruun khural,

Rinchen Number :
852

Rinchen Name :
Baruun khural

Type of Temple :
Temple

Aimag Temple located in :
Ovorhangai

Sum Temple located in :
3rd bag, Ulziit bag

Old Aimag Name :
Sain Noyon

Old Sum Name :
Ilden Beiliin khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Өвөрхангай аймаг Өлзийт сум Баруун хурал Хуучин Сайн ноён хан аймгийн Илдэн гүний хошуу одоогийн Өвөрхангай аймгийн Өлзийт сумын нутагт сумын төвөөс зүүн урагш Баруун хурал буюу Яргайтын сүм оршиж байжээ.Яргайтын хурлын 4 талд Баруун хайрхан уул, Яргайтын уул Яргайтын ам Хайлангийн худаг хэмээх газрууд бий.Энэ хурал нь сүм нэртэй нэг тоосгон байшин, нэг модон дуган, Дарь эхийн дуган гэсэн 3 дугантай байнга суудаг 20-оод ламтай байжээ.3 дуган нь гадуураа тоосгон хэрэмтэй баруун хойноо нэг суваргатай байжээ.Улаан сахиустай байсан ба модон дуган нь сахиусын дуганы үүрэг гүйцэтгэдэг.Сүм нэртэй тоосгон байшинг нь Богд ламын дуган гэж нэрлэж байв.Баруун хурал буюу Яргайтын хурал нь дэргэдээ бааюутай хажуудаа жастай байсан байна.Баруун хайрхан ууланд нэгэн овоог тус хурлынхан тахидаг байжээ.Байнгын хуралтай байсан ба өвлийн хурал зуны хурал гэж ялгадаг байсан байна.2000 гүрэмтэй 2000 гандантай хурал хурна.1 маарамба нэг гавьжтай, гэлэн сахилтай лам 4-5 байдаг байсан ба зоч лүүжинч лам хандмаа нар байгаагүй. Цам гардаггүй Нүгнээ сахиж байгаагүй, Майдар эргэж Хайлан хурж байжээ.Тус хурлыг 18-р зууны сүүлчээр Ишданзан хувилгаан үүсгэн байгуулсан гэж үздэг ба 1930-аад оны эхээр хаагдаж 1938 онд дуганууд нь бүрэн нураагджээ.Хаагдахын өмнө нь энэ хурлын тэргүүн лам нь хувилгаан Чимэддорж гэж хүн байжээ.Одоо голын дуганы тууриас өмнө зүгт 100 орчим метр зайд шинээр овоо босгожээ. Мөн 1991 онд Яргайтын сүмийн туурин дээр энэ хуралд сууж явсан өндөр настан лам Магалжав агсан санаачлан Яргайтын сумыг сэргээж Ганданлэгшиддашчойлин хийдийг сэргээн байгуулжээ. Хуучин Баруун хурлын гол шүтээн байсан Улаан сахиусыг дээрхи шинээр байгуулагдсан хийдэд өв залгамжлуулан тахижээ. / Өлзийт сумын иргэн 90 настай Түвдэн гуайтай хийсэн ярилцлагаас . 2007.07.25/

Description of location :
The site is located to the south-east of the soum centre.

GPS readings :
North 46° 30’  East 103°  26’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: У150 Side2: Ө100 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
Yes

Status of site at time of survey :
The foundation of the main temple is visible in front of the newly built temple as well as the foundation of two other temples on the left and on the right side of the new temple. A new stupa was erected on the foundation of the old destroyed one. Old stonewalls and fences and ruins of buildings are visible as well.

Site used for other purpose :
The foundation of the main temple is visible in front of the newly built temple as well as the foundation of two other temples on the left and on the right side of the new temple. A new stupa was erected on the foundation of the old destroyed one. Old stonewalls and fences and ruins of buildings are visible as well.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
17th century
early 18th century

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1920 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 03
Огноо хаагдсан: 1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 04

Site used for other purpose :
The foundation of the main temple is visible in front of the newly built temple as well as the foundation of two other temples on the left and on the right side of the new temple. A new stupa was erected on the foundation of the old destroyed one. Old stonewalls and fences and ruins of buildings are visible as well.

Old monastery/temple revived:
Yes

Revived temple register number:
ӨХӨТ 007

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Ishdanzan - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 04
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Manaljav khamba - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 04

Date of Reviving:
Year : 1991 - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 04

Notes :
The monastery was founded in the end of the 17th century on a place called Dund Yargaitiin am. The monastery consisted of two parts: Züün and Baruun süm (east and west) and had 6 temples in all. There were many nomads living near and looking after herds and flocks. According to the informant the monastery was unified with Ilden Beiliin khoshuunii khüree in the end of the 19th century, where they had held their ceremonies in a separated temple. However, according to Namjil monk, who was a monk of this monastery, about 20 monks resided in Baruun Süm until the 1920s. Interview with Namjil Jagdzüsem, born 1917. The monastery was situated in the Yargaitiin am. There were 3 temples, the Temple of the Protectors was made of bricks. There was a wooden temple the main protector of which was Jamsran, the red protector. There was a small temple dedicated to Tara. Only one stupa belonged to the complex and a financial unit (jas) as well. The stupa was situated on the north-west. The monastery was surrounded by brick and stone wall. Baruun Khairkhan ovoo was worshipped, situated north of the monastery. The head of the monastery (khamba) was Khuvilgaan Chimeddorj, who was arrested during the purges. In the monastery only monthly and annual ceremonies were held. The monastery possessed the volumes of the Kanjur, which were burnt during the purges. In the monastery a ceremony in honour of Lkham was held in the winter and a ceremony in honour of Gombo was held in the summer. There was a monk with gavj degree. About 4-5 fully ordained lamas (gelen) belonged to the temple and the khailen retreat was held annually. There were no Tibetan monks residing there. Neither zoch, nor women monks belonged to the monastery. The monk’s dwellings were situated around the complex. It was closed in the 1920s. Khailengiin rashaan’s well was situated about 100m south of the complex. The monastery was revived in 1991 by one of its old monks Manaljav/Mangaljav, who was a doctor monk of the old monastery. He died in 2006. There are no other old monks apart from Namjil living now.

Form Number :
ӨХӨТ 006

Survey Team :
Team C

Түвдэн


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors