Ilden beiliin khoshuuny Khaluun usan sum

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Ilden beiliin khoshuuny Khaluun usan sum,Rashaantyn sum,Khaluun usny khural,Khaluun usan khiid,Khujirtyn rashaany sum,

Rinchen Number :
841

Rinchen Name :
Khaluun usny khural /Rashaantyn khural/

Type of Temple :
Temple

Aimag Temple located in :
Ovorhangai

Sum Temple located in :
Khujirt soum center

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Ilden beisiin khoshuu

Description of location :
The site is located in the Khujirt soum centre.

GPS readings :
North 46° 53’  East 102°  46’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: У 60 Side2: Ө 60 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
Stone foundations can be seen in front of the Enkh-us KhKhK zochid buudal. There are no other ruins.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1830-1840

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
30 monks
30 monks

Notes :
According to the leaflet, which is given by Batzayaa monk to the surveyors, Khujirtiin rashaan i.e. the sources of this area, were known as holy water for cure. There is a legend, which says that a poor hunter, Shunlai, had left a deer on the bank of Khujirt River, which disappeared after some days. It confirms the curing effect of the springs. In the middle of the 19th century (1830-1840) monks used to come here on horses from Ilden Beiliin Khüree and determined the place of a monastery. Thus, on the hill on the left bank of Khujirt River a huge temple, two temples for worship and four stupas were erected. There were financial units and fenced-off areas for residences. Its name became Khaluun usan Khiid (Hot Water Monastery). The water was used for curing various illnesses and its water spirits were worshipped by many believers. The monastery had its own everyday readings, monthly ceremonies and healing ceremonies. The Medicine Buddha (Otoch Manal) was the main deity of the monastery. The monastery was subordinated directly to Ilden beilin khüree, and its high-ranking monks were appointed by the monks of Ilden beilin khüree. Furthermore, highly qualified doctors with maaramba degree were sent to Khaluun usan Khiid from the medical monastic school (Mamba datsan) of Ilden beilin khüree. They helped to cure people with pulse diagnosis, dharanis and advice. The spring was good for liver, heart, legs and other diseases. Among others Noyon khutagt Danzanravjaa, Khalkha Zaya Pandita Luvsanperenlai and Khatanbaatar Magsanjav came to visit this place. Zaya Pandita composed an incense offering called Khujirtiin khaluun usan rashaanii san/ incense offering of Khujirt hot water spring. There were about 30 monks belonging to the monastery. Its head was Choidogjav lovon monk and its main chanting master was Jürmed. In 1937 most of the monks were sentenced being highly qualified monks. Some young monks were disrobed. The monastery and its stupas were destroyed. Today there is no-one who belonged to this monastery alive. There is some trace of a foundation but no other ruins.

Form Number :
ӨХХУ 014

Survey Team :
Team D

Нямсүхийн Батзаяа


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Цуглуулсан баримтууд / Materials collected

ӨХХУ 014  ATSF    Илдэн бэйлийн хүшууны Халуун усан сүм  Хураангуй Хуудас : 1  0000-00-00      Д