Buuruljuutiin khural

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Buuruljuutiin khural,Uvgun khiid,Zuun ereetiin khural,Buuruljuut ereet,

Rinchen Number :

Rinchen Name :
Zuun ereetiin khural

Type of Temple :
Not Known

Aimag Temple located in :

Sum Temple located in :

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Description of location :
The site is situated at the source of a river Buuruljuut, at the place named  Zuun Ulaan and 30 km from the center of Uyanga soum. 

GPS readings :
North 46° 36’  East 102°  12’

Revived temple on site :

Status of site at time of survey :
There are two sections of the southern wall still standing. These are mud walls about 4 meters high with stones and wooden poles to strengthen it. No other walls or other supposed temple buildings remain. Only brims are visible and elevations on the ground about the sites of the old buildings. On the south of the remaining walls, there are some stones arranged as an ovoo and locals told us that two days ago monks came and performed a ceremony here.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
17th century

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо нураагдсан:: Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Lamyn gegeen Luvsandanzanjantsan - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 16, Uvurkhangai aimgiin toli

Date of Reviving:
Year : - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Monks in Old Temple :
Unknown (few)

Notes :
Interview A15 According to the local people mainly young novices lived here, and this was a place of em tan, medicines. According to Banzragch, the head of the presently Manba datsan which is being built in the center of Uyanga soum, on the place of the old Manba datsan. Buuruljuutiin khural was a medicine factory (emiin uildver) for the khuree. Interview 17 Tserendorj monk also mentioned this place. Interview 16 The present lovon lama of Gandansemplen monastery in the center of Uynga soum, told us this was also called Uvgun khiid (old monastery) and was founded by Lamiin gegeen in the 17th century. Interview 24 Ch.Jamyansenge, who was a monk of Uyangiin khuree between 1925-1935/6. Buuruljuutiin ereet was subordinated to Lamiin gegeen

Form Number :
ӨХУЯ 026

Survey Team :
Team C

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors