Bayangiin sumiin tavan jas

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Bayangiin sumiin tavan jas,Bayangiin jas,Bayangiin sum,

Rinchen Number :
830

Rinchen Name :
Bayangiin khural

Type of Temple :
Temple

Aimag Temple located in :
Ovorhangai

Sum Temple located in :
Tugrug soum

Old Aimag Name :
Sain Noyon

Old Sum Name :
Erdene Uizen Vangiin khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Өвөрхангай аймаг Төгрөг сум. Баянгийн жас Үйзэн вангийн хошуу буюу хожмын Арвайхээрийн хошууны барууун өмнөд хэсэгт Төгрөг сумын “Баян” гэдэг газар 1919-1920 оны үед уг жасын суурийг тавьж гол сүмийн “Баянгийн сүмийн То ван жас” хэмээн нэрлэжээ.Тус жас 3-4 байшинтай, 10 гаруй лам 4-5 шавьтай сургалт явуулж хурал, ном хурдаг байжээ.1930-аад оны эхэн үеэс жас эзгүйрэх тийшээ хандахад лам нар нь хоёр тэргэнд ном судар, бурхан тахилаа ачиж”Баруун хар” гэдэг газар луу нүүж байжээ.Одоо Баянгийн жасын туурь түүхийн дурсгалт газар болон хамгаалагдаж байна. Төгрөг сумын нутагт байсан Уушигийн сүмийн Дарь эхийн жас, Баянгийн сүмийн То ван жас хоёрын нийлсэн тэмээ 1208, адуу 664, хонь 440 байжээ.Аймгийн комиссоос тогтоосон мал, барилгийн үнэ, 14473 төгрөг, мал, барилгийн орлогын нэгдсэн дүн 25779 төгрөг, жас тус бүрийн татварын ногдол 2577 төгрөг, бүгд 5154 төгрөг байв. Холбогдох эх сурвалж: 1.Төгрөг сумын иргэн өндөр настан 87 настай Ишдорж гуайтай хийсэн Ярилцлагаас /2007.06.17./ 2.С.Ичинноров.С.Дашдэлэг.”Өвөрхангай аймгийн Төгрөг сумын түүхэн замнал. УБ,2004.

Description of location :
According to Academician B.Rinchen, the site is located in the place called Gurvan khudag (three wells). To the north east of the site is an ovoo.

GPS readings :
North 45° 03’  East 102°  57’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: У 50 Side2: Ө 30 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
On the site of the old Jas there are not many remnants today. No remnants show the form of a temple building. Supposedly and according to an informant who visited the Jas before 1937, the temple buildings were made of wood which is why not much remains. The only remnants are some bricks and stones in a line (maybe one wall of a temple building), a square shaped form of stones, inside it a circle form – this is supposed to have been a stupa. There are also some more bricks and stones in the area but that is all. There are some copper pieces.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1919-1920

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: early 1930 years - Ярилцлагын дугаар:Uvurkhangai aimgiin tugrug

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
10 monks
10 monks

Notes :
Data on the Jas taken from the book ‘Övörkhangai Aimgiin Tögrög Sumiin Tüükhen Zamnal’ written by S. Ichinnorov and S. Dashdeleg, Ulaanbaatar, 2004, p.53. According to the authors, the monastery named ‘Bayangiin Sümiin Tovan (?) Jas’ was founded in a place called Bayan in about 1919-1920. It had 3-4 temple buildings and 10 monks belonged here with their 4-5 novice students. When the repressions started in the 1930s, the monks of this temple moved away from here, placing all the sacred books and worship objects on two carts, to a place called Baruun Khar. According to informant D. Ishdorj (aged about 90) who had been a monk in the other Jas monastery in Tögrög sum, Uushigiin Jas but had visited this Jas as well, it had 2-3 temples all square shaped and made of wood. He said he did not know the number of monks residing here, but he said maybe this had more monks than his own Jas, that is, more than 40 monks, perhaps more than 60. He could not provide more information on this Jas even was not sure if there was a stupa situated here or not.

Form Number :
ӨХТГ 057

Survey Team :
Team C

Ишдорж


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors

Цуглуулсан баримтууд / Materials collected

ӨХТГ 057  ATSF    Өвөрхангай аймгийн төгрөг сумын түүхэн замнал  Ном Хуудас : 52-53  0000-00-00  Улаанбаатар    Д