Tsagaan ovoony sum

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Tsagaan ovoony sum ,Tsagaan ovoogiin khural,Tsagaan ovoony urtuu khural,

Rinchen Number :
824

Rinchen Name :
Tsagaan ovoogiin khural

Type of Temple :
Temple

Aimag Temple located in :
Ovorhangai

Sum Temple located in :
Nariin teel soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Өвөрхангай аймаг Нарийнтээл сум. Цагаан овооны хурал. Нарийнтээл сумын төвийн дэргэд байх Цагаан овоо хэмээх бэсрэг толгойн баруун талд байсан нэгэн сүмийг Цагаан овооны сүм,Цагаан овооны өртөө хурал,Цагаан овооны хурал хэмээн нэрийддэг байжээ.Хэн хэзээ үүсгэн байгуулсан нь тодорхойгүй энэ сүм,хурлыг лавтай 1800-гаад оны эхэн үед байсан гэсэн мэдээлэл байна. Энэ сүм нь нэг тахилч ламтай,сарын дүйцэн өдрүүдэд ойр хавиас лам нар цуглаж хурдаг байсан байна. Үүнээс улбаалан үзвэл тус сүм нь Манжийн эрхшээлийн үед манай орны хөдөө хязгаар нутгуудад нийтлэг байсан өртөө хурлуудын нэг сүм байсан бололтой. / Гэваачойлин хийдийн тэргүүн лам Ж.Долгорсүрэнтэй хийсэн ярилцлагаас. 2007.06.12./

Description of location :
The site is located in the Nariin teel soum centre. It is to the west of the Tsagaan ovoo.

GPS readings :
North 45° 57’  East 101°  27’

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
According to the local governor there were three temple buildings situated here. Now there are no remnants, not even a brim or bricks. Some old stones were used to make a foundation for a building, which is used as storage. According to a local man the three temple buildings were also used for storage in the past years. He added that the remained parts of the old temple buildings were just pulled down a year ago. Now there is nothing remaining, but the location of one of the buildings is still visible on the ground.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1780

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
unknown
unknown

Notes :
Maidar lists this monastery as Tsagaan ovoonii örtöö süm and states that it was founded in 1780. According to this information it was a temple situated on a relay station.

Form Number :
ӨХНТ 051

Survey Team :
Team D

Газрын зураг / Map