Lavran

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Lavran ,Bandid lamyn,

Rinchen Number :
840

Rinchen Name :
Lavran bandidyn khural

Type of Temple :
Not Known

Aimag Temple located in :
Ovorhangai

Sum Temple located in :
Zuun Bayan Ulaan soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Өвөрхангай аймаг Зүүнбаян Улаан сум Лавран бандидын хурал Б.Ренчиний эрхлэн 1979 онд хэвлүүлсэн “БНМАУ-ын угсаатны зүүн атлас”-ын сүм хийдийн жагсаалтын 840-дугаарт Лавран Бандидын хурал хэмээн тэмдэглэгдсэн энэ хурал нь одоогийн Өвөрхангай аймгийн Зүүнбаян Улаан сумын нутагт Эмтийн талын Халуун Ус хэмээх газарт байсан бололтой.1900-аад оны үед байгуулагдсан 3 модон жижиг дугантай энэ хурал нь 30-40 ламтай тогтмол хуралтай байжээ. Энэ хурлын тухай түүхийн бусад эх сурвалжуудад тодорхой мэдээлэл үгүй бөгөөд нутгийн өндөр настан хүмүүстэй уулзахад Лавран Бандид ламын хурал гэж тус нутагт байсан тухай сонсож байсан, мөн энэ хурал 1936 1937 оноос өмнө хаагдсан тухай мэдээлэл байна. / Өвөрхангай аймгийн Зүүнбаян Улаан сумын иргэн 82 настай Нацаг гуайтай хийсэн ярилцлагаас/ 2007.06.04/

Description of location :
The site is located in the place called variously Emtiin tal or Khaluun us.

GPS readings :
North 46° 26’  East 102°  38’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: У40 Side2: Ө20 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Site used for other purpose :
On the hillside there are remains (foundation) of a building and a stupa. About 200m to the southwest the foundation of a small building can be seen. No other remains, only a pin and some fragments of a pot were found.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1900

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Site used for other purpose :
On the hillside there are remains (foundation) of a building and a stupa. About 200m to the southwest the foundation of a small building can be seen. No other remains, only a pin and some fragments of a pot were found.

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :

Notes :
According to Legtseg (interview 18), 4 temples and many smaller shrines belonged to the area. There were large wooden temples built in Chinese style. About 50 lamas gathered here. There were 2-3 stupas. Maidar also lists the monastery (No. 683) as Lavran, Bandid lamiin. According to the book ‘Övörkhangai Aimgiin Toli’ it was founded in 1900 (p.143.).

Form Number :
ӨХЗУ 034

Survey Team :
Team D

Нацаг


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors