Khartstain sum

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Khartstain sum,Kharztain sum,Kharztain khural,

Rinchen Number :
855

Rinchen Name :
Kharztain khural

Type of Temple :
Temple

Aimag Temple located in :
Ovorhangai

Sum Temple located in :
Bayan-Undur soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Dalai gunii khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Өвөрхангай аймаг Баян өндөр сум Харзтайн хурал Баян өндөр сумын төвөөс баруун хойш 10 км-т Харзтайн Өндөр Улаан уулын өвөр Харзтайн голын эрэг дээр энэ хурлын сүмийн туурь оршиж байжээ.Харзтайн сүмийг хошууны засаг ноён Алтанхуягийн санаачилга хөрөнгө хүчний туслалцаатайгаар 1830-аад оны үед бөрисан бөгөөд уг дуганыг барисан учир нь өөрийнхөө хошууны хийлийн цэс дотор хүрээгээ оруулж ирэхийг эрмэлзэж байсан байна.Тус дуганы чулууг Дөлгөөний Сэнжидээс бэлтгэсэн бөгөөд уртаашаа жаран жан өргөөшөө арван жан хэмжээтэй том дуган байжээ.Уг дуган 1930-аад оны эхэн үеэр хаагдсан бөгөөд үүсэн байгуулагдсан 100 шахам жилдээ байнгын тогтмол хуралтай байж чадаагүй сар жилийн дүйцэн өдрүүдээр Далай гүний хүрээнээс лам нар ирж хурал хурдаг бусад үед нь зөвхөн тахилч лам л бурхан тахил зул хүжийг нь сэргээж байжээ.Дээрх мэдээллүүдээс үзвэл энэ дуган нь хошууны доторх жалга, отгын хамааралтай цагийн хурал бүхий дуган байжээ.Дуганнын хажуугаар урсах Харзтайн гол нь дуганы хойд биед орших Өндөр Улаан хайрханаас их авч урд зүгт урсан зүүн урагш эргэж баруун гудаа хүртэл 10 гаруй км урсдаг гол юм.Мөн Харзтай буган чулуун хөшөө гэж Бөмбийн тариалангийн баруун урд захад 141 см өндөр 21 см өргөн 9 см зузаантай улаан боржин дугшан хөшөө бүхий дөрвөлжин булш бий.1998 онд Харзтайн дуганы хурлыг сэргээж Баян өндөр сумын төвд Гэндэндаржаалин хийдийг байгуулсан. Холбогдох эх сурвалж: 1.Д.Лүндээжанцан “Халхын Түшээт хан аймгшийн Далай гүний хошууны хураангуй түүх.УБ 1994 2.Өвөрхангай Баян өндөр сум 80 жил УБ.2004

Description of location :
The site is located on the bank of Khartztai gol river and is 10km north-west of the soum centre.

GPS readings :
North 46° 34’  East 104°  01’

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
There are not much remnants on the site today, thought the sites of temple buildings and stupas can still be made out easily. The site of the old Tsogchin temple elevates from the ground, as well as the site of the other temple (considerably smaller) on its right side. At the back of these two buildings some stones and bricks show the site of some smaller buildings said to be financial units (Jas). At the back, the sites of 4 stupas are shown by bricks and stone elevating from the ground. There was another stupa on the southwest of the main assembly hall (Tsogchin). On the west there was a stove for burning bricks and terracotta images and sculptures. These all can be seen today as the outlines are marked by bricks and stones. Apart from these bricks, stones and roof tiles, almost nothing else was found on the site: only 2-3 broken pieces or fragments of terracotta ornaments. All the other things were taken from here by relic hunters who searched for relics here and dug holes. On the south of the monastery site there is the river called Kharztai Gol. On the north there is a mountain called Kharztai Öndör Ulaan, where there is an ovoo, which was worshipped by the monks of the monastery.

Site used for other purpose :
Some families live adjacent to the site.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1932-1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Site used for other purpose :
Some families live adjacent to the site.

Old monastery/temple revived:
Yes

Revived temple register number:
ӨХБР 065

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : С.Готов,Б.Юндэн,Д.Цэнд, Ёндонжамц, Мажаа, Дамдинсүрэн, Цэрэндагва, ЛувсанцэрэнUnknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Д.Лүндээжанцан УИХ-ын гишүүн - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Д.Ёндон,Ядамсүрэн,П.Ёндон,Ө.Балдангомбо - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:
Year : 1990 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Monks in Old Temple :
60 monks
200-300 monks

Notes :
According to the data given in the book entitled ‘Buyan Düüren Bayan-Öndör (see attachment), the establishment of the monastery was initiated by Dalai Gün, Jamsran Taij and Sed Taij. The main deity of the monastery was Lkham. At first the monastery temple had 10 monks. The offering master (Takhilch) was Dovuuchin Tserendorj and Baldan, and the bookkeeper (Nyarav) was Mandakhiin Chültem. (It is not clear which period the above names belong to. The author says it was accounted by D. Sodnompil, so it is supposed it relates to the period immediately before the purges.) The above book also accounts that between 1921-25 the repression started and the property in the monastery started to be confiscated. In 1932 people came from the Aimag centre and together with Damdingiin Dorj, the local governor (Sumin Darga) and Luuzangiin Ravjaa they began to destroy the monastery. However, the monastery was fully destroyed in 1938. The book also lists the names of the monks from the present Bayan-Öndör Sum. It is not clear which monastery they belonged in the area (Dalai Günii khüree for example was bigger monastery complex in the area of Dalai Günii khoshuu). The following monks were mentioned in the book: Agramba Dariin Dorj, Agramba Tserendorjiin Puntsagtseren, Agramba Jamtsiin Sambuu, Agramba Dendeviin Tseveendagva, Gavj Khishigtiin Ganjuur, Gavj Ochiriin Navaan, Gavj Jambiin Sanjjav, Gavj Dondogiin Baldandash, Gavj Bayanjargaliin Jambatündev, Gavj Puntsagiin Demberel, Gavj Baliin Tserendorj, Gavj Puntsagiin Tseveen, Nanzadiin Luvsangonchig. After 1990 the monastery was re-founded in the centre of Bayan-Öndör Sum. At that time more than 10 monks from the area participated in the ceremonies and initiated the re-founding of the temple. However, no-one could account in 2007 who of them were originally monks in Kharztain Khural monastery. It is for sure that a monk M. Chültem was an offering master (Takhilch) here. According to the data given in the book “Khalkhiin Tüsheet Khan Aimag, Dalai Günii Khoshuunii Tüükhiin Khuraangui” (p.17.) the building of the monastery Kharztain Khural was initiated by the Zasag Noyon himself. The stones for building the monastery temples were taken from a place called Dölgönii Senjid in Bayangol sum. The book also says that the size of the main temple was 60 Jan x10 Jan (Chinese measurement).

Form Number :
ӨХБР 066

Survey Team :
Team C

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors

Цуглуулсан баримтууд / Materials collected

ӨХБР 066  ATSF    Буян дүүрэн Баян өндөр  Ном Хуудас : 68-71  0000-00-00      Д 
ӨХБР 066  ATSF  Д.Лүндээжанцан  Халхын түшээт хан аймаг, Далай гүний хошууны түүхийн хураангуй  Ном Хуудас : 61-67  0000-00-00      Д