Kharlag beis Ayurzanyn sum muzei

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Kharlag beis Ayurzanyn sum muzei,

Rinchen Number :

Type of Temple :

Aimag Temple located in :

Sum Temple located in :

Old Aimag Name :
Sain Noyon

Old Sum Name :
Durvud dalai khan, Branch of Tugs khuleg Dalai khan

Description of location :
When Dechinravjaalin temple (УВУГ 010) reopened in 1990 in Ulaangom, center of Uvs aimag, it started its activities at this fence where now the museum is here. It is situated at the center of Ulaangom, center of Uvs aimag. There is no worshipped mountain or spring around here. Ulaangom city is in the lowland of basin of Uvs lake. 

GPS readings :
North 49° 58’  East 092°  03’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 64 x 47.70 Side2: Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :

Status of site at time of survey :
The fence of the old temple remains. There is a small building on the north-west side and one big building inside of the fence. There is a warehouse in front. 2 buildings in temple shape was repaired by specialists from the recondition section of the Department of Historical and Cultural Memorial. Ayurzana lived in the two storied building. The building on the west side was a warehouse. All these buildings were repaired and protected as cultural memorials. Dechinravjaalin temple was established in a ger to begin with by the temple fence and ran its activities here for 5-6 years.

Site used for other purpose :
It belongs to Local museum because of historical and cultural remains.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Byambadorj, former head of the museum

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо нураагдсан:: - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Site used for other purpose :
It belongs to Local museum because of historical and cultural remains.

Old monastery/temple revived:

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:
Year : - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Monks in Old Temple :

Notes :
1.Ayurzana was a monk. He lived until 1934-1935 and was a historical individual. He was probably born at the end of the XIX century. He was the assistant to the commander of Khovd area. At the beginning of XX century he became secular, got the title of beis and started doing business. That`s why he called Kharlag beis (not a lama) Ayurzana. When the first trade cooperative established in Uvs aimag in 1924, he helped it with a building and capital. Temple of Kharlag beis was in a shape of Chinese temple. There is clear foundation of the ger temple in the fence. Around here there are gers. Watchman lives at the small Chinese shaped building on the west side. The Aimag Governer is planning to repair the temple-museum.

Form Number :
УВУГ 009

Survey Team :
Team А

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors