Kherlen golyn zuun khuree

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Kherlen golyn zuun khuree,Zuun khuree,Khogshin khuree,

Rinchen Number :
445

Rinchen Name :
Uvgun khuree

Type of Temple :
Monastic School

Aimag Temple located in :
Töv

Sum Temple located in :
Mongon morit sumyn urd zakh

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Darkhan chin van Puntsagtserengiin khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Төв аймаг Мөнгөнморьт сум. Хэрлэнгийн Зүүн хүрээ. Дундад зууны үеийн монголын түүх бичлэгийн томоохон бүтээл “Эрдэнийн эрх”сурвалжид Хэрлэн голын Зүүн хүрээ хэмээх хийдийн суурийг Энх Амгалан хааны тавидугаар он буюу 1711 онд Өндөр Гэгээн Занабазар тависан гэж тодорхойлжээ. Харин Ч.Банзрагч, Б.Сайнхүү нарын “ Монголын хүрээ хийдийн түүх”/УБ.2004 / эмхэтгэлд анх Энх Амгалангийн дөчдүгээр он буюу 1701 оны төмөр туулай жил Эфү засаг Жүн ван Дондовдоржийн үед шашин хурлыг дэлгэрүүлэхээр Тогос Гүши уулын өвөрт Хэрлэн голын хойд хөвөөнд дуган сүмүүд байгуулж дээдийн түмэн өлзийг бататгахаар жүд, цанид, ламиран, мамба, зурхай, бадам ёго, майдар зэрэг дуганыг байгуулан хурал номын сургуулийг үйлдүүлжээ хэмээн дурьдсан байна. Энэ хүрээний туурь одоо Багануур дүүргийн төвөөс зүүн хойш 28-30 кмт , хэрлэн голын баруун эрэг , Тогос хайрхан уулын өвөр, Зүүн Байдлаг голын адагт оршиж байна. Хөгшин хүрээ бол үндсэндээ Дондовдорж эфүгийн хүү хоёрдугаар богдын хүрээ байжээ. Энд Цогчин, Цанид, Жүд,Мамба,Зурхай,Дүйнхор зэрэг 10-аад дацан 6 аймагтай сүм дуган нилээд олонтой байжээ. “ Арвин санваартаны хаалга” , “Мөргөлийн талбай”, “ Шар сүм” хэмээх хутагтын орд зэрэг барилгатай байжээ. Бүх орд харш нь цагаанаар будсан хашаатай. Түүний эргэн тойрон аймгийн дуган болон гол төлөв улаан халз гарган чимсэн гэр хэлбэрийн сүм дуган бүхий хашаанууд байрлаж байв. Зүүн хүрээ нь бие биеэ хөндлөн огтолсон хоёр гудамжтай , зуувандуу дөрвөлжин талбай эзэлдэг байжээ.Хүрээнд 1000 гаруй лам шавилан суудаг байв. Оросын эрдэмтэн А.Позднеевын бичсэнийг үзвэл “Зүүн хүрээнд олны хөл бужигнасан зах зээл худалдаа арилжаа байгаагүй” гэжээ. Гэтэл доктор Д.Майдар” 1930-аад оны эхэн үед бол хятадын мухлагууд энд нилээд шаргуу наймаа хийж байсан юм.” Хэмээн тэмдэглэсэн байна. Уг хүрээ 1936 оны эхээр бүрэн хаагдаж 1938 оноос эхлэн сүм дугануудыг нурааж эхэлжээ. Түүхийн эх сурвалж баримтууд болон нийтийн ярианд Хэрлэнгийн Зүүн хүрээг Хэрлэнгийн хөгшин хүрээ, Хэрлэнгийн хүрээ, Хөгшин хүрээ , Зүүн хүрээ хэмээн бичиж тэмдэглэж нэршсээр иржээ. Холбогдох эх сурвалж: 1. Ч.Банзрагч, Б.Сайнхүү “ Монголын хүрээ хийдийн түүх” УБ 2004 2. О.Пүрэв, Р.Оюунбилэг “Төв аймгийн Мөнгөнморьт сумын түүх” УБ. 2003 3. Л.Хэнчяахав. “Төв аймаг бага толь” Уб.2003

Description of location :
It occupies a mixed range of forest and steppe. The Zuun Khuree is located in a wide, open valley, on the eastern slopes of a worshiped mountain, Togos Khairkhan Uul, and about 28 – 30 km. northeast of Baganuur Duurgiin centre. 1 km. south of the site is the river Kherlen streaming along the brushwood shore and 2 km southeast is the brigade centre. To the west and northwest of the site is a chain of summer-quarters.

GPS readings :
North 48° 00’  East 108°  29’

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
The Uvgun Khuree site, located on the slopes of Togos Khairkhan, has bases standing 20 – 30 cm. apart and covering an 800 m. area in all directions. There are about 14 – 16 stone bases of buildings visible and these bases stand 10 – 15 cm. above the earth.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1711

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1940-1945 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Undur gegeen Zanabazar - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
1000 monks
1000 monks

Notes :
1. Locals call this monastic city “Khugshinii Khuree” or most commonly “Zuun Khuree” 2. Academician B. Rinchen used a name “Uvgun Khuree”. 3. The site is located near the northern border of Bayan-Delger sum in Tuv Aimag and across the border to the north is Mungun-Morit sum. 4. About 400 m. north of the monastic city site is a worshiped mountain, Togos Khairkhan. On the inner slopes of the Togos Khairkhan is a chain of 3 owoos starting from the rim of the building to the summit. The back of the mountain slopes are covered in trees. 5. In the middle of some of the building bases are about 4 - 5 freshly dug holes which measure 1 – 1.5 m deep and 1 m in radius. 6. In the “Erdeniin Erkhi” history record, it is documented that Zuun Khuree located on the shore of Kherlen was founded by Undur Gegeen Zanabazar in year 50th of Enkh-Amgalan Khan or in 1711. 7. Historians O.Purev and R.Oyunbileg published a book named “The History of Mungun-Morit Sum” in 2003. In this book, the monastic city was written to be the 2nd Monastic city of Bodga Khan which consisted of 10 study halls such as Tsogchen, Tsanid, Jud, Manba, Zurkhai and Duinkhor and 10 aimags. Also the Khutagts (the incarnated priests) had their own palaces named “Ariun Sanvaartnii Khaalga”, “Murguliin Talbai” and “Shar Sum”. These palace had fences which were all painted in white. Surrounding the palaces were red ger-shaped temples which were home to 1,000 monks. According to a Russian researcher A. Pozdnev, the Zuun Khuree was the centre of trade attracting human traffics. In an archived record written in May 1934, the Khurlen Khuree housed 24 temples, 21 kitchen houses, 302 cattle, total of 502 sheep and goats, with income of 15688 tugrigs and expenditure of 15775 tugrigs. The site was also home to 101 Myandagtan monks, 209 taxed monks out of 502 monks in total and 145 children.

Form Number :
ТӨММ 051

Survey Team :
Team F

Газрын зураг / Map

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

ТӨММ 051

Архивын зургууд / Archive photographs

Site Plan

1929 Site plan