Khuisiin jas

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Khuisiin jas,

Rinchen Number :
429

Rinchen Name :
Khuisiin khural

Type of Temple :
Not Known

Aimag Temple located in :
Töv

Sum Temple located in :
Bayntsagaan soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Төв аймаг Баян цагаан сум. Хүйсийн хурал Одоогийн Баян цагаан сумын төвийн дэргэд Хүйсийн хурал хэмээх цагийн хурал 1860-1930-аад оны дунд үе хүртэл оршин тогтнож байжээ.Хүйсийн хурал нь 1 Тэлүүр дугантай, байнгын хуралгүй, жил сарын дүйцэн өдрүүдээр Наваан гүний хүрээ Бамбар эрдэнэ ламын хүрээнээс лам нар ирж хурал хурдаг байжээ.Хаагдахын өмнө энэ хурлын Тэлүүр дуганын сахиулаар Лувсанхорол дархан гэдэг хүн суудаг байжээ.Хүйсийн хурлын хурал номын үйл ажиллагааг сэргээж 1990-ээд оноос ном хурж уншлага хийж эхэлсэн бөгөөд 2004 онд шинэ модон дуган барьж хийд болон өргөжжээ. /Баян цагаан сумын иргэн өндөр настан Дарам очир, шинэ Хүйсийн хийдийн тэргүүн лам Цэдэндамбаа гуай нартай хийсэн ярилцлагаас 2007.08.14/

Description of location :
This assembly hall is located in what is now Bayantsagaan sum centre.

GPS readings :
North 46° 46’  East 107°  08’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: У 30 Side2: Ө 20 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
Yes

Status of site at time of survey :
There is a new wooden pillar, which indicates the place of the old monastic site. Beside this pillar only some stones are on the site. No trace of digging. Religious objects were not found on the site. The site is situated in the sum centre, but the area around it is not built in. Drawing of the site.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо нураагдсан:: - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:
Yes

Revived temple register number:
ТӨБЦ 003

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Badam khamba - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 77
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Tumurzeder gesgui - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 77
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Demberel - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 77
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Badam - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 77
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Buyanbat - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 77
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Dondov - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 77
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Dagvadorj - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 77

Date of Reviving:
Year : 1990 - Ярилцлагын дугаар: A 77

Monks in Old Temple :
1 monk
1 monk

Notes :
Puntsogiin Badamochir, living in Bayantsagaan sum`s centre was born in 1921 and had been a monk in Bambar Erdene lamiin khuree in present Sergelen sum. According to this informant, Khüisiin jas had only one takhilch (offering preparer) monk residing in and guarding the jas monastery. A monk called Luvsankhorol performed this duty. There was only one temple building, made of wood. There were two stupas on the site. According to Ts. Tsedendamba and D. Serjmetog, monks of Zogsoodiin Khüis monastery in the centre of Bayantsagaan (ТӨБЦ 003) claim that the traditions of the old Khüisiin jas were revived in 1990. Its first abbot was Badam old monk, the disciplinary master was Tömörzeder, the chanting masters were Demberel, Palam and Badam and Dagvadorj. There were six old monks, and some of them were monks before the purges, too. The six old monks were Badam abbot, Badam chanting master, Dondov monk, Buyanbat monk (who belonged to Darigatiin jas, ТӨБЦ 002), Demberel chanting master and Gongor monk. There were 7 novices, too. According to the informant Choijoo is the main protector as he was the protector of the old Khüisiin jas. There are not any manuscripts, sutras or sculptures, images which could be saved from the old monastery.

Form Number :
ТӨБЦ 004

Survey Team :
Team D

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors