Olon bulagiin dugan

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Olon bulagiin dugan,

Rinchen Number :
0

Type of Temple :
Jasaa Assembly

Aimag Temple located in :
Zavkhan

Sum Temple located in :
Songino soum

Old Aimag Name :
Zasagt Khan

Old Sum Name :
Setsen sartuulyn khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Завхан аймаг Сонгино сум. Олон булгийн дуган Хуучин Засагт хан амйгийн Цэцэн сартуулын хошуу одоогийн Сонгино сумын Айраг багийн нутаг Олон булаг уулын өмнөд биед энэхүү жалгын хурлын дуган төвхнөж байжээ.1890-ээд оны сүүлчээр байгуулагдсан гэж үздэг энэ дуганыг үүсгэн байгуулагч нь тодорхойгүй бөгөөд 1935, 1936 оныг хүртэл дуганд сар жилийн дүйцэн өдрүүдээр лам нар цуглан хурал хурж бусад үед тахилч лам суудаг мөнх зултай хурал байжээ.Мөн зуны эхэн сард Олон булгийн овоо хэмээх эртний тахилгат овоог тахиж байсан байна.Хурал 1937 оны эхээр хаагдсан бөгөөд дуганыг 1940-өөд оны үед нураасан гэдэг.Одоо 8,5м:8,5м хэмжээтэй дуганын чулуун суурь тод мэдрэгдэх бөгөөд бас 12:10м хэмжээний туурийн үлдэгдэл байна.Энэ 2 туурийн орчим өгөршсөн мод, төмөр хийцийн үлдэгдэл, ширмэн тогооны хагархай зэрэг үлдэцүүд бий.2003 оны үед энэ дуганы туурийн дэргэд урд өмнө лам хувраг явсан Пүрэв гэвш гэдэг хүн өөрийн санаачилга хүч хөрөнгөөр 6м :6м талбай бүхий жижиг модон дуганыг барьж ашиглалтанд оруулжээ.Энэ дуган одоогоор хурал номгүй байна.Олон булгийн дуган нь Б.Ренчиний 1979 онд эрхлэн хэвлүүлсэн “БНМАУ-ын угсаатны зүй хэл шинжлэлийн атлас”-ын сүм хийдийн жагсаалтанд бүртгэгдээгүй бөгөөд энэ дуган нь монгол орны нутаг дэвсгэрт түгээмэл байсан жалгын хурлын дугануудын нэг байжээ. / Тус сумын Пунцагжанчивлин хийдийн лам Пунцаг гуайтай хийсэн ярицлагаас 2007.06.17/

Description of location :
The site occupies the land of Airag brigade in Songino sum. To the north of this historic site is a mountain, Olon bulag; to the south is a monotonous valley, to the west Baruun Gozgor and to the east is Zuun Gozgor. The locals call them Baruun and Zuun Gozgor inspired by the fact that to the east and the west of the area is an extension of Olon Bulag mountain range. In other words, Olon Bulag sum was located the southern slopes of Olon Bulag Uul. There are no big rivers in the area. Around the middle of Olon Bulag mountain slopes is a row of 2 owoos worshipped by the locals. There is no homestead or building near the historical site.

GPS readings :
North 49° 05’  East 095°  46’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: 0,5: Side2: 12,7 Side3: 8,5: Side4: :8,5 Side5: 6:6 Side6: 400

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
In this historical area, a wooden temple measured 6 x 6 m. was built. Also visible south of the newly built temple is a stone building base which measures 8.5 x 8.5 m. 8. There is a disbanded base measuring 6.5 x 12.7 m to the south of new church and previous temple base. It is unclear whether the new church was built on any base from the previous temple. Also to the south of the two sites is a 100 m. long base which could have been from a homestead. Currently this site base is filled with rotten wood and broken pieces of a cast iron cauldron. The locals are not aware of this temple and Tariat’s temple, they have only heard of the church. There is a ritual to worship an owoo during the first month of summer. This year on the 12th of May the locals worshiped Olon Bulag Owoo and visited the new church to inspect it. The new church does not yet have internal decoration or an altar.

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
not clear
not clear

Notes :
12. Although a new church is built on the previous site, it is not completely open to continue the practices from the previous site. 13. There is no one who is aware of how many monks reside at the new church and what activities are organized. 12. In the list compiled by B.Rinchen, there is no record of a small assembly hall that occupied the slopes of Olon Bulag mountain in Songino sum of Zavkhan province. The site is marked with a wooden temple that was built by locals who knew of the existence of this assembly hall. These days it is known as Olon Bulagiin Temple. 10,13. There is no information on the history of Olon Bulagiin Temple, when it was opened, closed, demolished, and how many monks resided there. This might be due to the fact that the temple was only open to those who lived nearby and it did not have any rituals or functions that attracted all the residents. These days it is still not occupied by any monks and is guarded by a homestead. During 1950 to 1970s, a nearby area of the site that is found in the slopes of the Olon Bulag Uul was used for a milk producing factory whose establishment is now marked by a small building base.

Form Number :
ЗАСГ 029

Survey Team :
Team А

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors