Avrakhyn jas

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Avrakhyn jas,Avrakhyn khural,

Rinchen Number :
758

Rinchen Name :
Avrakhyn khiid

Type of Temple :
Not Known

Aimag Temple located in :
Dundgovi

Sum Temple located in :
Ondorshil soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
2 Olziitiin khoshuu /from 1927/

Description of location :
According to the signs found at the site, this DUOSH TX place and Avrakh temple’s base are 24 kilometers from the sum centre, close to the Togoo Hairhan (Togoo Mountain).

GPS readings :
North 45° 13’  East 108°  01’

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
Two large temples with two small ones between them stand in the centre. There was a big courtyard on the northeast and other smaller courtyards and buildings (made of bricks and mud, one remained nicely in the west), too. There was a goroo surrounding the complex. On the site of the temples blue bricks and wood were found, and supposedly the two large temples were made of wood. Nicely decorated, carved wooden pieces, fragments of everyday objects (saddle, pot, etc.) were found on the site. There is an ovoo on the north where women are not allowed to go. There is a new shelter for animals on the west. A brook (us) runs southeast of the site. A board indicates that this historical site is situated 24 km from the sum centre. There are some remains of buildings south of the monastic site which were said to be new. Small stupas or ovoos stood on the north of the complex.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1930 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:L.Ukhaan, D.Luvsandash

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
50-60
50-60

Notes :
For more information see ДУӨШ 066 AM.pdf

Form Number :
ДУӨШ 066

Survey Team :
Team C

Газрын зураг / Map

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

ДУӨШ 066

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors