Khorin jas

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Khorin jas,Khorin ,

Rinchen Number :
733

Rinchen Name :
Zaraa khoriny khural

Type of Temple :
Temple

Aimag Temple located in :
Dundgovi

Sum Temple located in :
Adaatsag soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Daichin beisiin khoshuu

Description of location :
The site is located in an area called Zaraa, which is 20Km south-west of the sum centre on the front slope of Zaraa. Bor ovoo, Takhilgat ovoo and Sambart ovoo are on the north side of the site. These ovoos are all worshiped.

GPS readings :
North 46° 14’  East 105°  37’

Revived temple on site :
No

Site used for other purpose :
Бригад байсан башингуудтай зүүн талд 2 өвөлжөө бий. Малын хашаатай A brigade was situated on this place. There are some recent buildings, which were built for this purpose. The ruins of the old monastery can be seen in amongst the brigade buildings with two walls remaining intact. The highest ruins are not more than 40 cm. However, the sites of the old temple buildings (4 in number) cannot be made out. According to the informants, two of them were made of wood, and two were made of bricks. The sites of the wooden temples normally cannot be seen, as there were totally ruined, but sometimes stones mark the edge of the structures. Here we could not find any such signs. The other two temple sides (made of brick) were not found either. But many small buildings in rows were found on the site, which were the monks’ residences. Here bricks and mud remnants clearly show where the monks’ residences were situated. On the south-east side, there are two winter dwelling are with stone and brick walls (övöljöö).

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1937-1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 47
Огноо хаагдсан: 1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 52
Огноо хаагдсан: 1937-1939 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:A 48

Site used for other purpose :
Бригад байсан башингуудтай зүүн талд 2 өвөлжөө бий. Малын хашаатай A brigade was situated on this place. There are some recent buildings, which were built for this purpose. The ruins of the old monastery can be seen in amongst the brigade buildings with two walls remaining intact. The highest ruins are not more than 40 cm. However, the sites of the old temple buildings (4 in number) cannot be made out. According to the informants, two of them were made of wood, and two were made of bricks. The sites of the wooden temples normally cannot be seen, as there were totally ruined, but sometimes stones mark the edge of the structures. Here we could not find any such signs. The other two temple sides (made of brick) were not found either. But many small buildings in rows were found on the site, which were the monks’ residences. Here bricks and mud remnants clearly show where the monks’ residences were situated. On the south-east side, there are two winter dwelling are with stone and brick walls (övöljöö).

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
100 monks
100 monks
100 monks
100 monks

Notes :
For more information see ДУАЦ 028 AM.pdf

Form Number :
ДУАЦ 028

Survey Team :
Team D

Өвгөн


Oral History :

Даваахүү


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

ДУАЦ 028

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors Site plan drawn by surveyors Site plan drawn by surveyors