Ulaan chuluutyn khural

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Ulaan chuluutyn khural ,Zuunii khuree,Gandanjadailin,

Rinchen Number :
168

Rinchen Name :
Zuun bagiin khural

Type of Temple :
Monastry

Aimag Temple located in :
Arkhangai

Sum Temple located in :
Ulaan chuluu brigad, Battsengel soum

Old Aimag Name :
Sain Noyon

Old Sum Name :
Lu gunii khoshuu

Description of location :
The site is located in the place called Ulaan chuluutyn gol, 42 km. northeast of Battsengel sum center and 6 km. southwest of Ulaan chuluut brigade.

GPS readings :
North 47° 54’  East 101°  70’

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
The site is covered by hogweed and is not visible. Local people say that there were the ruins of two dugans.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1865

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1940 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
approximately 10-14 monks
approximately 10-14 monks

Notes :
Because it was located on the north bank of Uluun chuluut river, it was called Ulaan chuluuny khural. It was located in the northeast (42 km.) of Lu gunii khoshuu, thus, it was called Zuunii khuree (West monastery). It was a temporary khural in which about 10-14 monks used to conduct rituals and prayers.

Form Number :
АРБЦ 078

Survey Team :
Team E

Газрын зураг / Map