Ulgiin khiid

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Ulgiin khiid,Dashchoimbellin khiid ,

Rinchen Number :
167

Rinchen Name :
Ulgiin khalzan khiid, Tushee gungiin baruun khiid, Gunj lamyn khiid, Dashchoimpilin

Type of Temple :
Monastic City

Aimag Temple located in :
Arkhangai

Sum Temple located in :
Tsats brigad, Battsengel soum

Old Aimag Name :
Sain Noyon

Old Sum Name :
Lu gunii khoshuu

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Архангай аймаг Батцэнгэл сум. Өлгийн халзан хийд. / Түшээ гүний баруун хийд/ Батцэнгэл сумын нутагт байсан бас нэгэн хурлын газар бол Өлгий уулын энгэрт 1880-аад оны үед байгуулагдсан 3 дуган бүхий Дашчоймпиллин хийд байжээ. Уг хийдийг нутгийн ардууд Гүж ламын хийд ч хэмээн нэрлэдэг.20-р зуны эхээр 50-60 лам байнга сууж хурдаг байсан энэ хийд Цогчин, Хайлан, Майдарын гэсэн 3 дугантай, Лхам сахиустай байсан ба зуны эхэн сард Майдар эргэж намрын эхэн сард 45 хоногийн хайлан хурдаг байжээ. Мөн зуны дунд сард лам нар нь маанийн бүтээл хийдэг байв. Уг хийдийн лам нарын бараг тал нь гэлэн санваартан хүмүүс байсан гэдэг. Өлгийн халзан хийд 1937 оны эхээр Таравчамбуулин хийдийг хаагдахын өмнө хурал номын үйл ажиллагаа нь зогсчээ. / Таравчамбуулин хийдийн даа лам Машбаттай хийсэн ярилцлагаас / /2007.07.23/

Description of location :
The site is located in the place called Bunkhny am, 35 km. north of Battsengel sum center. West of the site (1 km.)is Mailakhyn Gurvan Gozgor mountain, east is Khojgodoin am and northwest (2.5 km.) is sacred Unduriin Ovoo mountain.

GPS readings :
North 47° 51’  East 101°  69’

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
The site is located in a high forest area. Though it is said that there are ruins of four dugans (temples) but the site is thickly covered by grass and those ruins are not visible. On the site is 3 m. high Bodhi stupa erected in 2006.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1832

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1937 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:001
Огноо нураагдсан:: 1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:001

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):
Нэр, цол хэргэм : Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
20-25 monks
20-25 monks

Notes :
The monastery was sometimes called Guj Lamyn khiid (monastery of Guj Lama). Oral history informs that there was a Tibetan lama whose name was Guj and later he became a shireet lama (throne-holder lama) of the monastery. Thus, the monastery was called Guj Lamyn khiid. Also the monastery was called Baruun khuree (West monastery) because it was located west (35 km.) of Lu Gunii khuree. Olzvoi khuvilgaan (reincarnated lama) of the monastery was arrested in 1938. But he managed to flee and hid in Khalzan aguit cave which is 6 km. west of the monastery. After 1990 he was pardoned. He initiated the building of a stupa on the site of Ulgii khiid. Bavuudorj, a herdsman of Battsengel sum, organized work of erecting a stupa. In 2006, a stupa 3.30 m. high was erected by the donation of local people. Among the locals, Olzvoi khuvilgaan was named "Undur bagsh" (Tall master). He passed away in 2005. The last shireet lam (throne holder lama) was Norov gelenkhai. He was a teacher of Dorjjantsan gavj, shunlaiv of Idgaachoiling datsan, Gandantegchenling monastery. Several Tibetan monks used to reside in the monastery. There was Khajid temple affiliated to the monastery.

Form Number :
АРБЦ 072

Survey Team :
Team E

Газрын зураг / Map