Dashsamdanlin khural

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Dashsamdanlin khural,Erliiziin süm,Sandlin datsan,Dashsamdanlin datsan,Ölzii dayanii süm,ENG: Dashsamdanlin assembly/ datsan, Temple of the cross-breeds,TIB: bkra-shis bsam-gtan gling grwa-tshang,

Rinchen Number :

Rinchen Name :
Dashsamdanlin khural

Type of Temple :

Aimag Temple located in :
Ulan Bator

Old Aimag Name :

Description of location :
GPS was taken at Dar’ ekhiin süm (UBR 931 Rinchen 931) and is given here only to mark the area of Amgalan (its temples were situated very near to each other). This temple was situated to the south-west of Dar’ ekhiin süm, outside the walls of the Chinese Town.

GPS readings :
North 47° 54’  East 106°  59’

Revived temple on site :

Status of site at time of survey :
There are no visible remains. Based on the sources, the exact sites of the temples of Amgalan can be determined roughly in relation to the ruins of Dar’ ekh temple (UBR 931 Rinchen 931) and the remnants of a Chinese store building. In the whole area there are no temple remnants other than that of Dar’ ekh temple.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
1774 small assembly
1837 dedicated to the 5th jewtsündamba khutagt

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Old monastery/temple revived:

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :

Notes :
For detailed history of Dashsamdanlin khural see UBR 935 AM.pdf. All data on this temple is kindly provided by Kristina Teleki and Zsuzsa Majer who retain copyright. See relevant section in Monasteries and Temples of Bogdiin Khüree, Ikh Khüree or Urga, the Old Capital City of Mongolia in the First Part of the Twentieth Century: Zsuzsa Majer, Krisztina Teleki Budapest, Hungary. Ulaanbaatar 2006

Form Number :
UBR 935

Survey Team :
Team C

Газрын зураг / Map

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

UBR 935