Tsagaan süm (Güngaa dejidlin)

Read in English

Сүм хийдийн нэр :
Tsagaan süm (Güngaa dejidlin),Khotol bayasgalant amgalan jargalangiin süm,Khotliig bayasgan jarguulagch,Tuuliin Tsagaan süm,Khutagtiin Tsagaan süm,Dood süm,Öwgön tsagaan süm ,Güngaadejidlen süm,

Ринчений зураг дах дугаар :
922

Ринчений жагсаалт дах нэр :
Tsagaan süm

Сүм хийдийн төрөл :
cүм

Байрлах аймаг :
Нийслэл-Улаанбаатар

Аймгийн хуучин нэр :
Түшээт хан

Байршлын тайлбар :
GPS was taken on the west side of the First or Central Electricity Plant, inside the fence

GPS хаяг :
North 47° 55’  East 106°  56’

Сүм хэвээрээ үлдсэн :
No

Судалгаа явуулах үеийн байдал :
According to Dashtseren lama, Güngaadejidlin or Tsagaan süm was a palace more than a temple as lamas did not reside there permanently. According to Pürew (Mongoliin uls töriin töw, p. 59.), this building was used as the summer residence of the 6th, 7th and 8th jewtsündamba khutagts. There are no remains today. O. Pürew informed us of the exact site of the old temple, which is outside the walls of the Central Electricity Plant on the south-west. However on Rinchen’s map, compiled by Pürew himself, it is marked inside the wall of the plant, but this only means some some ten meters difference.

Сүм хийд байгуулагдсан он :
1840

Сүм хийд хаагдсан, нураагдсан он :
Огноо хаагдсан: 1938 - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

тухайн газар шинэ сүм дугана баригдсан :
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

хуучин хийдийн лам нар

Тэмдэглэл :
For more information see UBR 022 AM.pdf. According to Sereeter (pp.87-88), the decision to construct this palace was made in 1838. It was finally built in 1840 by the 5th jewtsündamba khutagt on the right bank of Tuul River (today on the west of the First or Central Electricity Plant (Töw tsakhilgaan kombinat, Negdügeer stants). The two-storey, white-coloured Tibetan-style central building was made from bricks with a highly ornamented hexagonal gilded brass roof. The temple was encircled by three fences that enclosed an area measuring 51×46 ald (1 ald being 1.6 m) (See Banzragch, p. 15). The great treasury (Ikh san) financed the construction of the palace. According to Dashtseren lama, Güngaadejidlin or Tsagaan süm was a palace more than a temple as lamas did not reside there permanently. According to Pürew (Mongoliin uls töriin töw, p. 59.), this building was used as the summer residence of the 6th, 7th and 8th jewtsündamba khutagts. Maidar lists this palace under the name of Öwgön tsagaan süm or ‘the old white temple’ but do not mention any other data about it. As the Jügder painting shows there were three fences surrounding the temple complex, which was situated inside the internal courtyard. The internal fence was octagonal shaped with seven gates. According to Sereeter (p. 88.), within the palace complex of Güngaadejidlin there were buildings including Amitabha temple (Awidiin süm), the Temple of Öndör gegeen (Öndör gegeenii süm), the Palace of the Bogd (Bogdiin lawran), and the Yurt palace of the gate (Üüdnii ger tugdum/tugdam). Jambal also tells how Öndör Gegeen’s clothes were kept here. There was a hat in the form of a skull-cap (tow’ malgai) with four leaf-shaped peaks (sarawch). There were also his big red Mongol boots, and his summer gown (deel) similar to a Buryat gown, ‘made of stuff like yellow silk pleated at the waist and with a lining of gauze, with small cuffs and a rough fur collar like black otter fur’. The clothes, wrapped in a bundle, were kept next to a papier-mache statuette of Öndör Gegeen. A portrait of the jewtsün Daranata (Skr. Taranatha) was also in the White Temple. According to Jambal, it was sent to the Choijn lamiin süm after 1938, along with many other paintings and ritual objects from all over the capital, where it was at the time Damdinsüren interviewed him in the 1950’s. It is presumed that it is there to this day, though we were not able to confirm this. The Great Financial Unit (Ikh jas) and the Öndör Gegeen Financial Unit (Öndör gegeenii jas) provided the funds for all expenses from 1925. However, most of the complex was completely destroyed in 1938 though, according to Pürew (Mongoliin uls töriin töw, p. 63.), the Tsagaan süm was used as a leather factory for some years after this. All data on this temple is kindly provided by Kristina Teleki and Zsuzsa Majer who retain copyright. See relevant section in Monasteries and Temples of Bogdiin Khüree, Ikh Khüree or Urga, the Old Capital City of Mongolia in the First Part of the Twentieth Century: Zsuzsa Majer, Krisztina Teleki Budapest, Hungary. Ulaanbaatar 2006

Хүснэгтийн дугаар :
UBR 922

судалгааны баг :
Team: Д

Газрын зураг :

Additional Material / Нэмэлт материал

UBR 922

Архивын зургууд :

General view. Tsültem, N., Mongolian Architecture. Ulaanbaatar 1988, 58